PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Leap' the movie?

gmd3d
August 11th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Quantum Leap' the movie?
http://l.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/en/mrib/20100810/10/1715292377-quantum-leap-movie-s.jpg
Tue 10 Aug 11:48 AM

Oh boy, work has begun on a movie version of the cult TV show 'Quantum Leap'.
The sci-fi series, which aired in 1989 and ran for four years, revolved around scientist Sam Beckett as he travelled through time leaping into the bodies of people who needed help.

The show's star, Scott Bakula, has revealed that the creator of the hit series Donald P. Bellisario is hard at work on the script.
He said, "The good news is that Don is working on the film script and has a big-time Hollywood producer who wants to do it. It's about time."
Bakula also conceded that he and his co-star Dean Stockwell would not reprise their roles in the film, but insisted that "Dean and I will have a part in it somehow".
'Quantum Leap' is just the latest '80s show to spawn a big screen reboot following the likes of 'Miami Vice' and 'The A-Team'.

Tenement
August 11th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I really liked Quantum Leap and I hope that they don't screw it up by making it more youth friendly. Zac Efron as Sam Beckett...I hope not. Scott Bakula still looks pretty good for his age. Let him have another crack at the whip.(I do wish that Sam had leaped home in the last episode.)

gmd3d
August 12th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I really liked Quantum Leap and I hope that they don't screw it up by making it more youth friendly. Zac Efron as Sam Beckett...I hope not. Scott Bakula still looks pretty good for his age. Let him have another crack at the whip.(I do wish that Sam had leaped home in the last episode.)
agreed!! :) . it should be Scott playing Sam ..

I also would have liked to have seen Sam get home in the last episode.
rather than the one that was played.

I would have like that it was Ziggy (I think that was the name) was the cause of his been jumped from place to place. or the computer from some mad reason .. beyond its programming . (It was built by Sam) ??

but that me,

celticarchie
December 28th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Although, I have long wanted more Quantum Leap. :drool:

Hollywood's constant insistence on making re-boots, re-imagings and general adaptions of various books, comics, TV Series etc., is getting very tiresome.

I just want them to make something original for a change.

I mean it's getting to the point where they are even re-booting the re-boots! :what:

:bounce:

gmd3d
December 28th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Although, I have long wanted more Quantum Leap. :drool:

Hollywood's constant insistence on making re-boots, re-imagings and general adaptions of various books, comics, TV Series etc., is getting very tiresome.

I just want them to make something original for a change.

I mean it's getting to the point where they are even re-booting the re-boots! :what:

:bounce:
well you got me there as I feel the same for the most part seen older films and stories been really messed with for new audiences.

looking at one of the new films been touted at the moment is Truegrit a re working of a John Wayne film. BUT I think its following more closely the book on which its based.

but I still hesitate to see it, I like Jeff bridges playing John Waynes part ... but I cannot quite see it...

why now another book

of course westerns have been done to death from the birth of film to the late 1970s.

SnkBitten
October 1st, 2019, 06:18 PM
I would have enjoyed a Quantum Leap movie, I thought the show was excellent and like many, was disappointed when it ended with Sam not returning home.

I wouldn't count it out as has been mentioned, so many current movies are just reboots or remakes of older TV shows.