PDA

View Full Version : General Credits Discussion

gmd3d
December 3rd, 2010, 02:37 AM
This is a subject I have wondered about for some time and want to open a "Friendly" Chat about it..

Why don´t some people who download models / meshes give proper credits when posting there art/image..

is it unreasonable for the modeller to ask for that given the hour after hour spent working on side model..

and for the modeller to ask for credits in the first place.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My personal view is this ...

I ask for credit because I love to see my work (model) been used by someone. no matter how good it is. its not only for an ego trip ...

recently I saw one of my model used in an image and I had credit .. wow great ...... because I really was not sure at the start it was mine until I looked hard at it....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what are your thoughts on this.

keep it friendly.. you don´t and I start handing out infractions which is the web equivalent of a slap on the wrist ..

Tenement
December 3rd, 2010, 03:10 AM
I agree. I can't model for toffee but I really enjoy making pictures using meshes available from download areas so I credit the pictures I make with the artist's ident or name next to the name of the model. It's only good manners to credit them as I'd be only posting pictures of cubes or balls * if it wasn't for the amazing talents of the good folk who distribute their work for us to use.
* I can't model for toffee.

gmd3d
December 3rd, 2010, 03:18 AM
I agree. I can't model for toffee but I really enjoy making pictures using meshes available from download areas so I credit the pictures I make with the artist's ident or name next to the name of the model. It's only good manners to credit them as I'd be only posting pictures of cubes or balls * if it wasn't for the amazing talents of the good folk who distribute their work for us to use.
* I can't model for toffee.

aye toffee can be a wee be sticky on the ol models .... or at least stick fingers :)

But bad joking aside. for me its like a partnership 2 different disciplines brought together .. after the time I spend modelling (and I am the original Captain Slow) I normally render of a few views of the model I do and been tried of looking at it. move on to the next thing :)

if it was not for you renderers I and other modeller would never see our models give life , if you know what I mean ..

The Credit is the acknowledgement of the partnership .