PDA

View Full Version : Object request ... need something made

catherine3678a
January 14th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Okay ... end goal is for a ST critter.

I need a basic pig object with permission to rehash and distribute it where I choose (and here of course) ... nothing huge please, my proggie is Hexagon. ty

End result is not going to look anything like a pig ;-)

Darrell Lawrence
January 14th, 2011, 05:17 PM
This by chance going to be a Tellarite?

catherine3678a
January 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
This by chance going to be a Tellarite?

No ... what they're called and how to spell it escapes me right now ... those delightful Klingon "pets" that were on a bridge. Apparently in "real life", they dressed up pigs for that part ... so I thought, well, why not?!!

Darrell Lawrence
January 14th, 2011, 05:42 PM
A targ!

Thought you might be creating this kind of character :lol:

Darrell Lawrence
January 14th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Now that I think about it, aren't they shaped more like a wild boar rather than a regular pig?

catherine3678a
January 14th, 2011, 05:56 PM
A targ!

Thought you might be creating this kind of character :lol:

ty, yes a targ! D/S doesn't make nice fur like Carrara and even Poser can do ... however it should be an interesting project.

catherine3678a
January 14th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Now that I think about it, aren't they shaped more like a wild boar rather than a regular pig?

yes ... however wild boars and domestic pigs are rather similar ... and there's no way anybody had a wild boar on a set! The male pig can be a very large animal ... saw one being kept at a local display farm once, he was behind more solid fencing (for the protection of all) than their bulls were.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Targ

This is the other critter that would be neat:

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Klingon_monster_dog

Darrell Lawrence
January 14th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah, IIRC, the "monster dog" was suppose to be the original targ, but when TNG came along, they decided it was too hard to create a realistic one. As seen in STIII, it didn't move too well as an animatronic.

Darrell Lawrence
January 14th, 2011, 06:23 PM
How's this one?

catherine3678a
January 15th, 2011, 09:24 AM
How's this one?

Kool! Yes that should work fine :-)

Darrell Lawrence
January 15th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Oink! Oink! It be attached! There be pigs here! Do they fly? :rotfl: I kill meself...

catherine3678a
January 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Oink! Oink! It be attached! There be pigs here! Do they fly? :rotfl: I kill meself...

Thank you, got it!

Fly? ... well ... the top of the roof comes off, guess we better get some chains ready too eh?! :rotfl: