PDA

View Full Version : Diane Lane to play Martha Kent

Darrell Lawrence
March 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/2011/03/105779148_a_p.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/diane-lane-play-supermans-mom-163527

The actress joins Henry Cavill in the Zack Snyder-directed movie from Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures.

Was in love with her first time I saw her in "The Outsiders".

Excellent actress.

gmd3d
March 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
yes I agree. but she could still play Lois

Darrell Lawrence
March 3rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Lois has black (or sometimes dark brown) hair. Diane is a red head, and I never EVER want to see her otherwise. Same with Dina Meyer :D

gmd3d
March 3rd, 2011, 02:46 PM
red is good ... :)

evil_genius_180
March 3rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
I was happy when I read this as well. I had a teenage crush on Diane Lane back when I first saw her in the '90s and I still love her. She's a great actress and a lovely lady. She's a great choice to play Martha Kent. :D

Also, agreed 1000% on Dina Meyer, I love her as a hot fiery redhead. :D (though, she did make a good looking Romulan also)

gmd3d
March 4th, 2011, 02:41 AM
I had a look at some images of Dina ,,, yes she is very attractive ..

evil_genius_180
March 4th, 2011, 11:31 AM
If you want to see Dina Meyer in a kickass Sci-Fi action flick, just watch Starship Troopers. She's one of the main characters.

gmd3d
March 4th, 2011, 12:35 PM
that's !! what I´ve seen her in..

Darrell Lawrence
March 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
She was in Birds of Prey too, as Batgirl/Oracle.

Also in Dragonheart, where I first saw her.

evil_genius_180
March 4th, 2011, 08:57 PM
That'e right, I forgot she was in Dragonheart (and I even have that movie. :blush:) I think that was what I first saw her in also.

The first thing I ever saw Diane Lane in was Judge Dredd in 1995. I was in high school and it was love at first sight. :D

ulimann644
March 6th, 2011, 03:40 AM
She was in Birds of Prey too, as Batgirl/Oracle.

Also in Dragonheart, where I first saw her.

And not to forget: As "Commander Donatra" of the IRW VALDORE

http://kupad.net/theresawordiwantyoutoconsider/images/Donatra.jpg

gmd3d
March 6th, 2011, 07:33 AM
she was great in Judge Dredd....

Darrell Lawrence
March 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
And not to forget: As "Commander Donatra" of the IRW VALDORE...ummm yeah. EG kinda mentioned the Romulan thing above ;)

Anyways, as hot as Dina is, this thread really should get back to Diane :D

Taranis, Diane was one of the good things about Dredd. There weren't too many, but she was one :lol:

gmd3d
March 6th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Taranis, Diane was one of the good things about Dredd. There weren't too many, but she was one :lol:

That´s for sure :)

evil_genius_180
March 6th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I like Judge Dredd. It's not as good as the comics but it's entertaining. Diane really does help it, though. :D

Jedman67
March 14th, 2011, 12:08 PM
unless Man Of Steel is going to be an "older superman" story, i cant see Diane as Lois (btw, terry hatcher is by far THE best Lois, with Erica Durance being the worse). But im anxious to see Diane as martha, hope mr. snyder is up to scratch!

(off topic, but didnt dina meyer have a recurring guest role in stargate sg1?)

gmd3d
March 14th, 2011, 01:08 PM
unless Man Of Steel is going to be an "older superman" story, i cant see Diane as Lois (btw, terry hatcher is by far THE best Lois, with Erica Durance being the worse). But im anxious to see Diane as martha, hope mr. snyder is up to scratch!

Have to disagree with you there ... I could see Diane as Lois
but the Superman actor would be to young. and I would like to see a older Superman story.

imo Margot Kidder is the best. and Kate Bosworth been the worst.

terry hatcher´s Lois would be second to Margot kidders Lois for me

Phyllis Coates opposite George Reeves as Superman would be closer to Terry Hatcher portrayal

Noel Neill also was very good

Erica Durance: I like as Lois.. the makings of a better one is there if the show went another season. won´t happen but there you go-

Darrell Lawrence
March 14th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Terri and Erica are the hottest two to play Lois, but as for a portrayal of the character, Margo Kidder hands down, followed by Noell and Phyllis. Terri's portrayal wasn't bad either.

So in the hotness/portrayal combo, Terri wins.

gmd3d
March 14th, 2011, 03:12 PM
So in the hotness/portrayal combo, Terri wins.

yes for sure :) but I do like Erica :) :love::love:

evil_genius_180
March 14th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Margot Kidder did a great job playing the character. Her Lois had all of the qualities that the character had in the comics. Looks-wise, she was passable, though I can't think of any better looking actress at the time who could have played the character as well as she did. She's still my favorite Lois, though I haven't seen too many of the others. Lois & Clark never did much for me and I stopped watching Smallville around the time that they started having Lois on.

Jedman67
March 15th, 2011, 11:42 AM
margot kidder was good, but she never "clicked" for me. I dont remember Noel, so maybe i never saw her. kate bosworth was decent, imo, but nothing special, but i never felt that erica durance was really lois. With smallville i liked annette o'toole, and john glover. the rest of the cast? meh
and for hotness....no comment