PDA

View Full Version : Updated ZBrush Book

RedEyes
March 7th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I picked up ZBrush a couple years ago and found it to be a huge let down. I'm one of those people that tried using it and decided that it was made for and by Martians. Every version would bring a fresh commitment to try again and result in much mouse banging and creative new uses of old curses. No more.

There is a new book just out, Introducing ZBrush 4. It's actually an update to Introducing ZBrush by Eric Keller. He's very sympathetic to those of us that use Lightwave or other normal modeling programs and explains with great patience why ZBrush is different and walks through some Zbrush for dummies type exercises to get you past the throw the mouse at the screen stage. After going through the introductory section a couple of times I'm now starting to work through the books projects with some confidence that there is hope for me.

I have nothing to show yet, but I thought I'd bring the book to others attention. It's definitely worth picking up and well worth the money if you have a copy of Zbrush around that freaks you out every time you start it up.

The other thing I would suggest is breaking out the wacom tablet. Unlike other modelers that have tablet support as an after thought, Zbrush only works well with one. Until now, my tablet made a fine paperweight unless I was detailing a texture, now it's a useful tool.

Give this book a try. While Zbrush is still for and by an alien life form, this book will help you start to become one.

mikala
March 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I'm an ALIEN!
Explains a lot now.

evil_genius_180
March 18th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I'm an ALIEN!
Explains a lot now.

I'll second that. :tongue2:

:lol:

RedEyes
March 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM
lol, no offense intended. That interface has just thrown me for a loop since day one.