PDA

View Full Version : BABYLON 5 ANIMATED MOVIE

gmd3d
May 18th, 2023, 08:20 AM
Babylon 5 has announced a new revival project - this time, in the form of an animated movie.

Original series creator J. Michael Straczynski announced the news on Twitter today, sharing that "this brand new original animated movie is already finished and in the can. So it's 100% real, happening, and coming out very soon."

Upon Warner Bros. officially unveiling the full voice cast for the film, entitled Babylon 5: The Road Home, it was revealed that several original series cast members had signed on to voice their animated counterparts. Included among those returning for their animated reprisals are Bruce Boxleitner as John Sheridan, Claudia Christian as Susan Ivanova, Peter Jurasik as Londo Mollari, Bill Mumy as Lennier, Tracy Scoggins as Elizabeth Lochley and Patricia Tallman as Lyta Alexander.

Straczynski has assured fans that the new series would be a reboot rather than a sequel or revival of the original, explaining, "To those asking why not just do a continuation, for a network series like this, it can’t be done because over half our cast are still stubbornly on the other side of the Rim."

Babylon 5: The Road Home is expected to be released this summer

Senmut
May 24th, 2023, 03:23 PM
I never actually watched B5, either when it was first on, or in syndication. After so long, can any reboot really capture the whatever of the original?

gmd3d
May 25th, 2023, 01:59 AM
I never actually watched B5, either when it was first on, or in syndication. After so long, can any reboot really capture the whatever of the original?

possibly not in live-action but with animation perhaps to a degree, it might pass, the problem is so many of the actors that made the original so much fun have passed beyond the rim (as they say in the show) for a live-action impossible, I have never cared for the reboots and recasting of Star Trek TOS era, so I give them a miss.

Mira Furlan - Ambassador Delenn
Richard Biggs - Dr Stephen Franklin
Andreas Katsulas - G'Kar
Jeff Conaway - Zack Allan
Jerry Doyle - Michael Garibaldi
Stephen Furst - Vir Cotto
Michael O'Hare - Jeffrey Sinclair

though these characters have been recast with voice actors which might just pass, I am hoping.