PDA

View Full Version : I have 2 questions

FirstBorg
May 22nd, 2001, 02:46 PM
Hi, could you help me with these 2 problems?
1. I want to animate the Arachnid-mesh made by William Burningham to let it look like it would walking. I tried with bones, but to me it looks more complicate then modelling the best ship. Some suggestions(espacially on this mehs)?
2. Is it possible to let the particle emmit meshes? I mean that the particles would be replaced with an object, so I gould animate szenes with many many without to spend much time on it(I mean withou to copy and copy and copy...)
thx

Jediknight
May 26th, 2001, 05:33 AM
you can replacd particles with objects and animate it via LW_Cyclist... that way you would only have to do ONE walkcycle... I know that it works, I tried it with spiders once... been a while though..

FirstBorg
May 26th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Can I replace the particles from the particle object from 6.5? I dont see the options to do this. Or do you mean particlestorm?

Jediknight
May 27th, 2001, 08:03 AM
no, it's in LW 6.5 and is called 'Particle Linker'

FirstBorg
May 27th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Thx, I've found it. But if I saw right this plugin is only for the motion, it would mean that I have to clone my object. Is there another plugin which does this automaticaly. I mean that my object will created when a new particle is created.