PDA

View Full Version : Sarods Voyager

FirstBorg
June 2nd, 2001, 06:25 AM
HI, is sarods voyager still available somewhere? I wanted to make scene and I saw that on the right side was a hole in it, I think its damaged.

Jason .T
June 2nd, 2001, 07:02 AM
It's not an error, it's a result of LW6's points per polygon limit.
You need to create a polygon in another layer to cover the hole. Load up the Lower Saucer section into Modeller.then switch to the second layer. Use either the Pen or Sketch tool to create a ploygon that covers the holes. Copy the texture settings from the Lower Saucer section, paste them to the new polygon.
Then cut the polygon from the second layer and paste it into the same layer as the Saucer object.
Simply save the object under a new name, i.e "Lower_capped" or something.
When you load up the scene in Layout, simply replace the Lower saucer with the new object.
I hope that helps, and it'll save time downloading the object and realising that the error is still there. ;)

FirstBorg
June 2nd, 2001, 12:07 PM
I tried it and load the scene which was with the mesh, but i got this:
http://www.newanims.f2s.com/forumstuff/voy.jpg
Could you send me the modified lower-modell please?
thx

Fabio
June 5th, 2001, 10:29 PM
I have completely rebuilt the offending sections in LW 6.5 - if you guys want a fully optimised version of Sarod's mesh - contact him and ask if he would mind me releasing a copy of it :)

EBOLII
June 5th, 2001, 10:37 PM
this should answer some of those questions

Sarod's Voyager (http://www.pp.htv.fi/khamalai/voyager.htm)

this is what HE had to say.....very SAD...should drop him a line of encouragement Ya'll

Sorod's Testimonial (http://www.pp.htv.fi/khamalai/)

Fabio
June 5th, 2001, 10:57 PM
yeah I'm aware of that - and I encourage him as often as I can - he only has to pop here to see just how well respected he is :)

General Phoenix
June 6th, 2001, 12:19 AM
I just dropped him a line myself - I'd enjoy seeing him visit...

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the lack of respect you've received. I suppose it's a cross that all true geniuses have to bear - I know from experience. :)

I just wanted to let you know that you're welcome at 3DG, even if we never see another image from you. The Welcome mat will always be out for you.

Take care...

--------------------------------
Richard Smith (aka General Phoenix)
3DGladiators Premier Forum Administrator

Nayslayer
June 6th, 2001, 12:24 AM
Here's a render with Fabs new version of the bottem saucer.
Except there are two little hole's by the phasers

http://www.renders.dragonbones.org/noholes.jpg

FirstBorg
June 6th, 2001, 02:05 PM
I've "repaired" voyager. It was sooooooooo easy.
http://www.newanims.f2s.com/forumstuff/Voyager_repaired.jpg

I deleted the right side of the lower hull(the part which is just flat) and mirrored the right side in polygon mode, and thats all.

Fabio
June 6th, 2001, 05:18 PM
Nayslayers most recent post shows an area that slippe dmy attention - that has now been rectified.

If you note on the pic you posted another area that also gets knackered during the 6.5 import from 5.6 process is the actual transpoorter emitter.
I am currently going over the entire mesh polygon by polygon looking for these 6.5 inconsistencies - note this has nothing to do with Sarods ability in the slightest - it's all down to the 5.6 importer and the fact that a polygon in 6.5 can no only have less than or equal to 1024 sides :)

I'll post apic of the repaired bottom area shortly. =]

Fabio
June 6th, 2001, 05:33 PM
http://www.frontier.plus.com/Temp/glad/vrep.jpg

Nayslayer
June 6th, 2001, 05:59 PM
Great job Fabs!

dv8_fx
June 3rd, 2008, 09:44 AM
OK .... I know... a 9 year old thread resurrected from the dead. ..... Sorry.

But my search for Sarod's LWO Voyager led me here. Is the original available somewhere? His old site is gone.

Darrell Lawrence
June 3rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Actually, since we *did* have it for download in our old style Downloads, I do plan on re-adding it in.

When I can get to it, I dunno yet.

dv8_fx
June 3rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
I do have one file here... but I couldn't believe its the one. Is the file size 4.46MB?

dv8_fx
June 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
Oh yea... what about Nico's version. His site's gone too.

Darrell Lawrence
June 3rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
In RAR, yes.

Darrell Lawrence
June 3rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Nico's I don't recall ever having.

Darrell Lawrence
June 3rd, 2008, 11:06 AM
Sarod's is back up.

dv8_fx
June 3rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks for Sarod's Intrepid.

As for Nico's, it was offered at startrekmeshes.com. but the link goes to domain for sale page.

Darrell Lawrence
June 3rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
...hmmm I need to put S-Stephen's MAX conversion back up too.

gmd3d
June 3rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
Had a look at it .. damn fine mesh .. and for me it would be a hard build .. I wonder how he approached it. Spline Drawing??

Darrell Lawrence
June 3rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
S-Stephen's Max version, along with his landing gear and bay, are uploaded and available.

gmd3d
June 3rd, 2008, 12:59 PM
Oh I love a fully realized mesh .. I can sometime live without every details .. like some of these super fighter meshes out there and no Landing gear.. really limited for the would be artist like me.. who love's to give to place them in some kind of seting other than space ..
nebula s are a good choice or an asteroid field ..

I like to do an Ice asteroid field ,, Have you ever seen Titan AE .. really liked the effects in that for the ice field :)

Sorry to detracted from the purpose of the thread :)

Darrell Lawrence
June 3rd, 2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks for Sarod's Intrepid.

As for Nico's, it was offered at startrekmeshes.com. but the link goes to domain for sale page.
I take it you mean Nico's site the one that's down, not Devilmans.

Anyways, Nico liked to have his stuff available only from his website, so even if I had it, I wouldn't add it here without his permission :)

His was Max anyways... S-Stephen converted Sarod's to Max, which is a damn fine conversion, and *is* available here :)

Darrell Lawrence
June 3rd, 2008, 01:06 PM
T, I hear ya... some day I'll get around to making landing gear for my Viper and Cobra :D

gmd3d
June 3rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
That would be great .. did you build the DeSanto Viper ..?? I have been toying with the
idea for a few months .. But the landing bay kept butting in ..
When I get Buck Rogers out of my system .. I want to build the Galactica shuttle craft..

Darrell Lawrence
June 3rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I built the DeSanto one as well. I need to redo the cowl on it though... mine is straight, while is should have a bit of a curve/bow to it.

Images are over at Fleets :)

gmd3d
June 3rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
That's right ... I'll use them as refs :)

SonicJordan
June 19th, 2008, 09:17 PM
On the Star Trek meshes site.

evil_genius_180
June 19th, 2008, 11:52 PM
On the Star Trek meshes site.

What is? :confused:

Kakaze
June 20th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Oh...I don't think I ever had a copy of Sarod's Voyager. :downloads:

I'll probably never use it, but it's nice to know I can.

Has anyone ever succeeded in making a really good Ent-D and released it? I remember back in the day that the really accurate ones started coming out when everyone stopped releasing their models publicly. :(