PDA

View Full Version : Newtek Inspire 3D question...

HKH
June 13th, 2001, 07:48 AM
I am thinking about purchasing Inspire 3D, but I first want to be sure that a newer version is not on the way. Does anyone know of there will be a new version of Inspire now that Lightwave 6 has been out for a while?

Chris B
June 13th, 2001, 08:51 AM
hey :)

i think you'll have better chances to get the information you need in the LW 3D q/a forum.

i'll move this thread there :)

Darrell Lawrence
June 13th, 2001, 10:07 AM
I doubt they'll ever update Inspire, especially now that they have the upgrade special from it to LW 6.5

PJF
June 13th, 2001, 11:55 AM
You know, something in the back of my mind is telling me that I read something about a new cheap version of Lightwave coming along soon. I don't know whether it counts as an update to Inspire, but I'm sure they were talking a few hundred for essentially the same as Lightwave with 'pro' stuff like Inverse Kinematics ripped out.

That would be great - so I probably dreamt it. :D

Thor
June 13th, 2001, 12:07 PM
There is indeed going to be Inspire 2

More information can be found on Newtek's site somewhere...
I did look only can't remember exactly where, could be in the Newtek Discussions forums...

I'll go look....

Cheers
Ed

DECKARD2019
June 13th, 2001, 12:35 PM
Inspire V2 will be officially announced in the week of 4 july,

Beta testing will begin shortly, however if you buy the current release of Inspire you can upgrade to full LW6.5b for only $695, thats a saving of $1800!!!

HKH
June 13th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll wait and see what Inspire 2 will have to offer.