PDA

View Full Version : Scenes Full View

Thomas P
August 9th, 2000, 07:06 AM
Well almost http://www.startrek-forums.com/gladiators/ubb/html/smilies/wink.gif

Here are 640x480 versions of the next 4 scenes from me. They are still large so text links have been provided. I need to get the text for each and then up they go.

<a href="http://www.concept40.com/galleries/sciartpost/pc01.html" target="_blank">Scenes</a>

Enjoy

[This message has been edited by Thomas P (edited 08-09-2000).]

meshula
August 9th, 2000, 01:05 PM
These are great! I have two suggestions -
image 1 - the target ship is too dim, on my monitor i can barely make out what the pirates are stalking. bright her up and you're gold, i think.

image 4 - seriously cries out for motion blur. unless you're familiar with the smaller ship, it's hard to tell if it's coming or going. also as a composition, the smaller ship perfectly touches the center of the larger ship which makes for a very static composition. if you moved it about 100-200 pixels up and right i think it would be a much more exciting image

these comments aside, this is a wonderful set of 4.

Masao
August 9th, 2000, 02:51 PM
Here's a few suggestions:

I agree that the transport is too dark in the first picture. It should be brighter overall or its running lights or engines should be lit. I had to clean my screen to see the ship (thanks, I needed to do that anyway).

In the 3rd picture, the actions of the Detroit seem a bit leisurely. I know that the pirate is trying to evade, but pointing the ships in the same direction might give a greater sense of a chase. Maybe making the Detroit much larger and puttting it directly behind the pirate, like it's bearing down on her, would be interesting. To suggest evasion by the pirate, she could be rolling. Making Detroit larger would also emphasize the difference in size. (Think of the opening scene in Star Wars)

For picture four, I like the composition, but agree that it should be punched up a bit. Maybe the pirate can be made bigger in frame, pointed toward and moved to the lower right. I think that the pirate ship shouldn't cover the origin of the phaser beam.

Lastly, maybe three and four could use the other pirate ship as well.

Thomas P
August 9th, 2000, 04:54 PM
My laptop hates you guys http://www.startrek-forums.com/gladiators/ubb/html/smilies/frown.gif . I've tried convincing my boss that she should get me a better machine - she ain't convinced yet.

Of course this is why I have 'previewed' the scenes to begin with. I think that the finished work I eventually post benefits from the various perspectives you guys provide. So off to the re-renders!

Masao
August 9th, 2000, 07:24 PM
Hey, want me to talk to her? I sure I can twist her arm a bit.

Thomas P
August 10th, 2000, 08:06 AM
Okay, for those of you that have been there already I have updated the scenes. For those that have not - well they're different from before.

meshula
August 10th, 2000, 06:35 PM
Ah, these are much better! The fourth one now tells a story, I like that! I still think the foreground ship needs to be moved and motion blurred, though. Now you have an almost perfect diagonal line emphasized by the new phaser blasts, so it is still not as dynamic as it could be.
The other ones I think are good to go!

Masao
August 13th, 2000, 02:03 PM
I like the revisions! (especially since you have incorporated my insightful suggestions).

In the revised 3rd picture, the beam looks a bit wide. It sort of looks like detroit is spraying the pirates with a water cannon. It is perhaps a tractor beam?

Bernd
August 13th, 2000, 11:24 PM
Cool story!