PDA

View Full Version : FS2 BSG mod - can anyone help?

IPAndrews
July 16th, 2001, 08:08 AM
This is a long running project which has already has a lot of time invested in it. My Battlestar Galactica mod for Descent: Freespace 2. It currently lets you fly a mission commanding a wing of Colonial Vipers defending the Galactica against waves of Cylon Raiders. Every effort has been made to make even the game's weapons and sound effects as authentic as possible.

My limited talents lie in creating low poly count geometry, and converting existing models for use in Descent: Freespace 2. My weakest areas are UV mapping, and texturing. In all honesty, I do not have any skill in computer art.

Therefore I'm looking for someone with skills to complement my own. Someone who is able to UV map and / or paint models based on Battlestar Galactica reference material, preferably both. With help in these areas I would be able to get more, better quality ships, flyable in a shorter period of time.

If you're a fan of Battlestar Galactica this is a worth while project. The Descent: Freespace 2 game engine is perfectly suited to simulating Battlestar Galactica. Download the latest version of my mod from my site and see for yourself.

Kind regards,
Ian

Howedar
July 16th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Wrong forum

General Phoenix
July 16th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Moving to Requests...

Sounds like a cool project - I hope you get some help for it. :)

Silas Marnar
July 16th, 2001, 11:18 PM
I am not sure if I can help or not I can texture obj files, but I am not much of an artist. I sure am behind what you are doing... dang that sounds like fun. :D

Let me know I'll give it a shot... Also I will need any and all shots of the ships that you have.

Roy aka Silas

IPAndrews
July 17th, 2001, 06:26 AM
... is IPAndrews@hotmail.com

Silas, I don't think there's a problem converting to and from .obj files. I'd certainly like to give it a shot. I've got two models here that need painting straight away. A cylon mine, and a cylon base star. Tell me where to send the files and I'll get them in the mail to you as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

IPAndrews
July 22nd, 2001, 05:48 AM
Nothing came of the above offer. I'm still in need of help. Please contact IPAndrews@hotmail.com