PDA

View Full Version : Universe Lost - A New Survival

Zanith
July 26th, 2001, 12:04 AM
Hey everyone -

This is the intro to a story I conjured up in Physics during the discussion about the death of the universe about 6 months ago. This is all I have written and I am interested in receiving some feedback.

---------------------

The year is 598.6 B.A.M. The universe is in a state of growing distress. As the universe ages and expands, stars become thinner and thinner, burning less bright . . . Less life. Planets become colder and more distant from each other. Nebuli are becoming less common and more of a rare beauty . . . The birth of a new star, one more delay before the galaxies inevitable fate. Neighboring systems are pulled apart greater distances, families are being ripped apart by space.

Some planets are too heavy for the gravity well of their stars and roam aimlessly across the galaxy . . . Nomads, we call them. Once astray, they become massive centers of traders and smugglers, the booming places of the intergalactic black markets. Unknown aliens lie in hiding, living each day as it comes. Wanted criminals see them as safe heavens from the hands that wish to arrest them. A handful of Nomads have been captured and used as starbases by the Baironn, gliding on a new, uncharted heading.

The Vulkari Kingdoms are one of the last remaining inter-system governments. The Vulkari - an ancient race, always remaining peaceful and non-intervening with the ways of other races. They have held reign over their small handful of system for over 50 billion years. Once being a mighty empire, the Vulkari entered war with their long time foe, the Zortack. The war was costly on the Vulkari, collapsing over 200 systems of their territory. Now only spanning only twelve star-systems, containing over 100 planets, they hold an answer to the key for the continuation of life in the universe.

----------------------------

Opinions?

Proximo
July 26th, 2001, 04:07 AM
Interesting premise. It would be interesting to see more of this.

FrenchyKimbo
July 30th, 2001, 07:43 AM
I agree... So when's the actual writing? :D
Nice prologue... or advertisement, or promotion piece! It'd be great as a promotion piece!

Fëanor
August 29th, 2001, 10:33 AM
hehe, Dave, i think they want you to write more ;) ...You should show them more of the story too.

But...I think they, like me will wanna kill you once they read about..well you know..

Zanith
August 29th, 2001, 05:05 PM
OH!

You mean Annie . . . . And in new addition . . . Andrew? Heh heh . . . Do you think they will get mad? LOL!

Fëanor
August 30th, 2001, 08:41 AM
David, you are one evil, demented sonofagun, ya know :rolleyes: