PDA

View Full Version : motion "blur"

amarula_scotty
August 12th, 2001, 02:46 PM
I am working on 2 images at the moment both with a vessel that moves at high sublight speed. I tried motionblur in PSP and everything else to attempt showing these vessels are going fast.

So I guess I want to make light streaks like the enterprise E on the insurrection and first contact posters. Anyone know how??

Thanks, eh!

The 19th Letter
August 17th, 2001, 06:27 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~seanixx/hey_look_at_this/enginetrail.jpg

I am not really all that comfortable with PSP, but since I figured it may be a challenge I decided to try and tackle your prob.
In the image, I painted a bunch of white dots with the paintbrush tool.
I wasn't satisfied with the stars position, so I hunted the menus for a way to correct it.
I ended up choosing Effects>Feedback and screwed around with the Horz./Vert. sliders till I was happy. I chose the Eliptical option, 100 opacity and found the intesity worked better for me at levels over 50 (I suppose that depends on the image...).
I added a Sunburst found in Effects>Illumination Effects and fiddled with the numbers til I got it in the position I wanted.
I then imported a crappy looking ship :)
For the blue streak, I used vector shape (triangle) and node edited it to the final look.
I edited the fill to a gradient and chose the Fading Foreground preset. You may have to edit the gradient to get it how you want it.
Finally, I merged everything, gave Paintbrush the #1 Foreground-Background preset fill and clicked once over the 'exhaust'.
So that's how I did this. Someone else may have a far better solution but HTH :)

P.S. This was done in PSP v.7. I don't have any of the earlier versions so I cant say if they have some of the effects I used.