PDA

View Full Version : An RPG i made

Cypher
October 24th, 2001, 02:23 PM
The System is based off of Rifts and Starwars RPG...the universe has elements from B5, Warhammer 40K, Dune, Andromeda and Battletech.

i know it sounds like im ripping off but i've been told that its no where near them.

I felt bored so i decided to start getting some peoples opinions.

so by all means feed back

General Phoenix
October 24th, 2001, 10:20 PM
It might be helpful if you gave us SOME amount of information to start with...

Cypher
October 25th, 2001, 06:29 AM
i was in school at the time i started the thread so i didn't want to take up to much time...

but here's what i've decided so far

The year is 76,453. the known glactic cluster (Meaning the 16 closest galaxies to us and our own). The known universe is just now recovering from a long and hard war 100 millenia ago. Most life was obliterated, save for human-kind and an ancient race known as the Orions.

Cypher
October 29th, 2001, 06:22 PM
With the destruction of most of sentient beings, the Orions experimented with humans to create new species that could servive in different environments. this experimentation took place around 25,000 since then the various species have drifted away from one another, even declaring war (ie: the Vegan/Draconian War of 73,140s-60s)

The Different Races are as Follows (AIM me with comments)

Terrans : Just like humans

Chimerans : A Psioniclly enclined race, that has comparable apperance to the protoss from Starcraft

Archonians : Sci-Fi Dwarves

Draconians : A Reptilian Humanoid Race

Icarans : A race with wings

Vegans : A race bred for Zero-G environment, they have no legs, but have 4 arms

Andromedans : a race bred for underwater conditions, they have Lungs and gills

Cypher
October 30th, 2001, 05:16 AM
By the way: im thinkin about adding a new species, the Promethians, for more diversity...problem is i dont have any ideas for a new race....gimme your ideas please, credit will go to those who's ideas i use

Cypher
November 1st, 2001, 06:54 AM
Bump, to try and spark some more attention

Proximo
November 1st, 2001, 12:41 PM
How about fire-breathers? Promethius stole fire from the gods. They could have special cavities in their skull that act like fuel storage and a reaction chamber, and produce enzymes that explode violently when mixed., There's a beetle called the bombardier beetle that does this to great effect when it want's to escape from it's enemies.

Cypher
November 1st, 2001, 05:18 PM
IM Diggin That!! what about general appearance?

Cypher
November 3rd, 2001, 04:21 PM
on second thought: its a neat idea, but the Orions modified the Human races to make them able to adapt to new and dangerous environments...i dont see how being able to breathe fire could help a race adapt to an environment besides for slight defence (and thats not going to be very effective in the sci-fi world)

Then again i may just scratch the name Promethians and just think up another name for a new race

Cypher
November 4th, 2001, 08:47 PM
is it just me or are there actually very few people who pay attention down here? i know i have like 40 views but, things like in SCF-FI ART have about 100 a piece

Proximo
November 5th, 2001, 01:07 PM
We have a smaller but more descerning membership. The reason you haven't had many replies down here is because, unfortunately, this forum doesn't get much in the way of viewage. :(

Cypher
November 5th, 2001, 02:13 PM
yeah i know, sux dont it, oh well

ANYWAYS, PEOPLE I AM BEGGING FOR YOUR IDEAS ON THIS NEW RACE!!!

Like i said AIM me at LiamMacPherson

Mobius Paradox
November 5th, 2001, 05:56 PM
I know, why not have Timelords, too?

As for the Preomtheans, you can adapt my Z'Lan'Enj and Ka'Tal'Leed if ya like, just make there be some differences and change the names.

chrono
November 6th, 2001, 07:50 AM
Just take our own star system as a reference.

---Mercury: HOT & COLD sides. What type of Humanity would live there?

HOT SIDE: Semi-plasmatic, plant-like feeding requirements, psi nature, can withstand high heat, 3 legged.
COLD SIDE: again Semi-plasmatic, needs a high metal content diet an off-shot of the HOT SIDE people, thick dermis and slightly furred, only 2 legs.

---Venus: HOT & HIGH PRESSURE & ACIDIC enviroment.

They possibly have external pressure bladders with a light coating of chitilist armor and have they ability to breath the higher atmostpheres, but not the lower ones.

---Mars: HIGH CO2 contants.

They breath CO2 and have a reddish cast to their skin. More normal looking then other altered humans. Toughened dermis to protect against wind storms.

---Various Moons: some with a gaseous atmostphere and some without.

A light and thin people.

---Gas Planets: HIGH pressure atmostphere which is prone to violent storms.

A mixture of the venus and mars types that could vary wildly. From hugh ballon-like people to high-G dwarves.

Now this doesn't take into thought pure energy people, shape shifters, or any of the other types possible.

Cypher
November 6th, 2001, 06:05 PM
the races im making where all offshutes created by a superiour race to live in different environments, so im not sure about all the whole: Energy beings, or Shape-Shifters...But ill take your System Reference idea, thanks a boat load, sparky.

Cypher
November 13th, 2001, 06:27 PM
power Bump

bassie
February 15th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Sounds promising. I've been a fan of Dune/40K/Battletech for a long time, and I think there's nothing wrong with being inspired by those universes.

gmd3d
February 15th, 2011, 07:44 AM
wow a thread from 2001 ..... your really digging and dusting off a lot of old threads ....:lol:

bassie
February 15th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Heh, :blush: yeah sorry about that, I usually don't pay much attention to the date. (that much was obvious) Guess that's the risk of using the 'search' option.

gmd3d
February 15th, 2011, 07:55 AM
no its OK .. but your really commenting on the subject matter so its ok.
sometime some threads are just dead.