3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=337)
-   -   New Member Welcome Thread (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22542)

cricket December 31st, 2010 01:23 PM

Re: New Member Welcome Thread

Hello.

Darrell Lawrence December 31st, 2010 01:56 PM

Hello and welcome to 3DG. What apps do you use? What genre is your interest?

christoria December 31st, 2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 263494)
Hello and welcome to 3DG. What apps do you use? What genre is your interest?

Hello and thank you. I mostly try to get everything into Daz Studio as I don't model and that is an easy program to render with. I'm more of a Photoshop person. Sci-fi and cars are pretty much all I look for in models.

gmd3d January 1st, 2011 04:00 AM

you come to the right place for the scifi part anyway

welcome aboard 3DG ..

jag2441 January 6th, 2011 11:31 AM

New to posting....recovering from HORRIBLE surgery and I appear to have plenty of time on my butt. Great information on the site and polite posters. Not the same can be said on other sites.

JAG

gmd3d January 6th, 2011 12:25 PM

Welcome aboard ..

Surgery sounds terrible.

what program are you using and :) what area has you interested in primarily..
Star Trek
Star Wars
etc
or are you a builder of models.
thanks for introducing yourself too its great to have now member say hello and get involved in the community.

:)

jag2441 January 6th, 2011 09:02 PM

LOL....earlier question. I use Lightwave 9.6 for the most part. I have used C4D in the past but still don't really like the interface. I just purchased 3DS so learning this interface should prove to be fun.

My primary interests are Star Trek and BSG.

My other hobbies are After Effects and Photoshop. Again I am still WAY behind in the learning curve but I do like a challenge. Once I get the hang of the programming I will start my own modeling projects. Creating custom animations with effects are what I do mostly.

mtrout65 January 17th, 2011 05:24 PM

This is my first post.

I render mostly in DAZ, but I am preparing to learn Poser as well. I do just about all of my post rendering work in Photoshop.

I love taking pictures. I own a Nikon D70 and D90. Mostly shoot sports pictures and love doing photo manipulations with my pictures.

I like working on different types of renders from Star Wars & Super Heroes to difefrent types of OCs.

Darrell Lawrence January 17th, 2011 05:26 PM

Greetings, artist. You have been recruited to defend our minds from a lack of imagination. :D

Look forward to seeing your work post around this part of the web.

mtrout65 January 17th, 2011 05:48 PM

Thanks Warrior!!! Love what I have seen of your work so far. I am more of a scene builder. I have only tried a little bit of modelling and really need work in that area.

Darrell Lawrence January 17th, 2011 07:02 PM

Thanks. Post your latest and let us oogle it.

gmd3d January 18th, 2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtrout65 (Post 264020)
Thanks Warrior!!! Love what I have seen of your work so far. I am more of a scene builder. I have only tried a little bit of modelling and really need work in that area.

welcome aboard mtrout65.
look forward to seeing your work

genefleeman February 1st, 2011 03:09 PM

Hello... my name is genefleeman and I really would like to be able to accerss the galleries.. I have over 500 pictures, mostly done in Poser and some sceneries done in Artmatic Voyager (a fractal based scenery program that uses fractals to make height maps and textures to make Mountains, water, atmospheres rock and all of the basic components of a scene of nature) . I want to contribute my artwork to the galleries here.... I am hoping to open up a new venue for my artwork, namely here.... I guess I have to make 5 comments in the forums as it is the only thing in the list of things that would keep me from viewing the galleries here as I AM logged in with my name and password and it does SAY I am logged in as genefleeman... thank you for your time and hope to make this one of the homes for my pictures... gene

Drell-7 February 1st, 2011 05:22 PM

Hello, all! I'm primarily a digital artist, working in 3D and 2D. My main applications are Lightwave, Photoshop, and Daz/Studio. My primary subject interest is Science Fiction, and near future space tech. I've done my time as a freelance illustrator for paper rpgs, computer game concept and production, and advertising. Currently, I'm a freelance illustrator and I teach Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Quark at a local community college.
Thanks for letting me join you guys!
-Drell-7

Darrell Lawrence February 1st, 2011 06:25 PM

Teaching, eh? Our tutorial section could use some tutorials in your field *wink wink* :lol:

genefleeman, you have the posts. Let's see what you want to add to the Gallery.

gmd3d February 2nd, 2011 12:20 AM

Great to see some new artist show their work ..

I know Drell-7, from deviantART or have seen your work there .. yes

genefleeman I am looking forward too seen your work

Welcome to 3DG :)

gmd3d February 5th, 2011 01:50 PM

Bumping this....

new members can introduce themselves here.

DonĀ“t be shy or feel you have nothing to share and contribute.
the best way to break the ice in a new site is this thread.
we have others so you can start to get involved.

The Radio thread. post your fav tunes
The Beyond Reality , where finish art is posted, if you see something you like post that you like it.

On The Horizon, another place to start .. a model or art in progress comment on it or even better post your own work

Bobgarcia February 5th, 2011 02:25 PM

Hello everyone, My name Is Bob Garcia.

Im currently just starting to learn 3D animation, and after a google search on the subject, I landed myself here. Hoping to become as good as I can using the program Poser.

Over the last year I've been working on a fan edit of Star Wars Episode 3. Adding elements from the original trilogy hoping to make the Prequels tie into the Original Trilogy more. This is really just a hobby of mine.

I was hoping to try my hand at 3D animation and attempt to add those 3D images to my fan edit. So I'm here to learn as much as I can.

I will be brousing across the forums over the next few days like a sponge I'm pretty sure, because once something sparks my interest I quickly become obsessed with learning as much about that subject as I can. I first wanted to make sure to properly introduce myself.

If anyone is interested in my side project I have youtube page dedicated to it, and also a forum post at Originaltrilogy.com I'll try to post a like to a youtube of the opening of the film. If thats not allowed tho, I will quickly take it down.

Thanks for your time.

Bob Garcia

The first few min of my Little project

A link to the forum, where you can learn alittle more about what I'm doing
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/top...e/topic/11343/

gmd3d February 5th, 2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobgarcia (Post 264376)
Hello everyone, My name Is Bob Garcia.

Im currently just starting to learn 3D animation, and after a google search on the subject, I landed myself here. Hoping to become as good as I can using the program Poser.

Over the last year I've been working on a fan edit of Star Wars Episode 3. Adding elements from the original trilogy hoping to make the Prequels tie into the Original Trilogy more. This is really just a hobby of mine.

I was hoping to try my hand at 3D animation and attempt to add those 3D images to my fan edit. So I'm here to learn as much as I can.

I will be brousing across the forums over the next few days like a sponge I'm pretty sure, because once something sparks my interest I quickly become obsessed with learning as much about that subject as I can. I first wanted to make sure to properly introduce myself.

If anyone is interested in my side project I have youtube page dedicated to it, and also a forum post at Originaltrilogy.com I'll try to post a like to a youtube of the opening of the film. If thats not allowed tho, I will quickly take it down.

Thanks for your time.

Bob Garcia

The first few min of my Little project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ-PN_GEAR8

A link to the forum, where you can learn alittle more about what I'm doing
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/top...e/topic/11343/

Welcome aboard and thanks for introducing yourself too.

You can of-course show your fan film here, there area a few going on at the moment. so we would be very interested in what your doing.

The only show that is not permitted here is Battlestar Galactica due to the fact that our sister site has that privilege.

We will do our best to help.

after 5 posts you can load images too.

give us a chance to comment and generally chat about it and you can of course jump in anywhere and join use.

again welcome aboard Bob

Ger

Bobgarcia February 5th, 2011 03:29 PM

Thanks very much Taranis. I'll maybe make a new thread tomorrow, and see what comes of it.