3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=337)
-   -   Free Daz Studio 4 and Bryce 7 (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23497)

gmd3d May 8th, 2012 01:50 AM

Re: Free Daz Studio 4 and Bryce 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipgames (Post 267252)
This blog is valid also for model for poser?

welcome aboard....

Yes there are some Poser users .....

spotteddogs June 5th, 2012 06:21 PM

I just checked and DAZ Studio 4 & Bryce 7 are still free:)

evil_genius_180 June 5th, 2012 08:29 PM

Hexagon is as well. Either they're rerunning the offer or it never ended. ;)

gmd3d June 6th, 2012 01:39 AM

Never ended as far as I know.

I don´t have time for 3d at the moment.....while I grabbed them some time ago I have only looked briefly over them.

Welcome aboard spotteddogs

evil_genius_180 June 6th, 2012 09:02 AM

There's a guy over at SFM who did a beautiful Ambassador class and is working on a Miranda class in Hexagon. Seeing his work kinda makes me want to take a look at it. :)

gmd3d June 7th, 2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 267322)
There's a guy over at SFM who did a beautiful Ambassador class and is working on a Miranda class in Hexagon. Seeing his work kinda makes me want to take a look at it. :)

I´ve seen it...... cannot remember the link.. but a damn good model

murby June 11th, 2012 01:31 AM

I've downloaded daz studio 4 pro time ago for free from daz site, and installed on my windows 7 64 pc.
Recently I've downloaded and installed Hexagon.
In Daz Studio 4 there are now function Send to Hexagon, that's more useful to modify model.

Abashful1 September 27th, 2012 05:52 AM

Not sure if this has been posted before or not but the free Daz Studio Pro being offered has been upgraded from version 4 to 4.5. I'm not sure what the difference is between the versions as I haven't downloaded the new version yet.

Hexagon 2.5 and Bryce 7 are still available for free as well.

Download and prosper :alien:

wmwconnors September 27th, 2012 07:11 AM

You know, I have taken a run at Daz 4 several time and hit it like a wall. Is it just me or it that revision practically designed to be user hostile? To me, Daz 3 is very intuitive while Daz 4 just seems to be fighting me at every turn. Anyone else find this to be the case or am I just an old guy getting grumpy?

gmd3d September 27th, 2012 08:14 AM

I DownLoaded DAZ and Bryce , But never found time to work on them...... perhaps in the near future I will....

evil_genius_180 September 27th, 2012 09:03 AM

I tried doing one or two things in Daz but have never really done much else. (and I even started this thread :blush:) One of these days, I may have a crack at the software, especially Hexagon.

Abashful1 September 27th, 2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmwconnors (Post 267860)
You know, I have taken a run at Daz 4 several time and hit it like a wall. Is it just me or it that revision practically designed to be user hostile? To me, Daz 3 is very intuitive while Daz 4 just seems to be fighting me at every turn. Anyone else find this to be the case or am I just an old guy getting grumpy?

To be honest, I haven't played much with Daz yet, mostly due to the fact I have 300+ GB of Poser content that I don't want to search through to see what things I can also put in my Daz libraries. The main reason I have the Daz Studio is so I can use it to feed Hexagon and Bryce (assuming I ever get time to learn them).

Abashful1 October 10th, 2012 10:46 AM

BTW... Daz is also offering a 30day Beta version of Carrara 8.5 for anyone interested in trying it out. You can find it here:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/carrara-8-5-beta

NOTE: Must be a registered Daz online store customer to download.

As a newbie to making models (and at this point not sure I even qualify as a newbie yet), I have questions about various programs as to their functionality & ease to learn/use, but will post that on a more appropriate thread. Hopefully this is a good place to put the Carrara freebie news.

rschulte November 12th, 2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipgames (Post 267253)
I search a model for poser.
Manga-Robot as Mazinga z, Goldrake, Great Mazinga etc.
where i find it?

www.royloo.com had these on his site, hame was Royloo. Also some other Japanese superheres all in Poser format. Unfortunetly his free site went down several months ago.

He now posts exclusively on www.poseraddicts.com, you might want to email him if he can help.

http://shop.poseraddicts.com

rschulte November 13th, 2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abashful1 (Post 267859)
Not sure if this has been posted before or not but the free Daz Studio Pro being offered has been upgraded from version 4 to 4.5. I'm not sure what the difference is between the versions as I haven't downloaded the new version yet.

Hexagon 2.5 and Bryce 7 are still available for free as well.

Download and prosper :alien:

I believe the significance to Daz3d v4.5 is to allow you to use the Daz3d Victoria 5 and Genesis models. These new models do not work with Poser although they just provided a bridge from Daz3d to Poser for V5.

Having used Poser from v3-v8 I understand that Poser like Daz3d has a steep learning curve. I've found more training books on Poser though from Amazon.com. If you really want to learn, the following resources are great to get started and to find content.

www.daz3d.com (<forum><freepository> has alot of links to freebies, including Startrek)
www.renderosity.com
www.contentparadise.com
www.sharecg.com
www.foundation3d.com (alot of startrek meshes for poser.)

I apologize if these links are already common knowledge to the forum....

Poser content for Star Trek only
http://startrekartistsunite.devianta...List-225434632

gmd3d November 13th, 2012 12:58 PM

Links are no prob and they are know to some and no harm having a reminder...

I not been to renderosity for a long time

catherine3678a March 13th, 2013 09:24 PM

Update: Bryce 7 is no longer free. It's not expensive.
Hexagon is no longer free. It's not expensive.

Daz Studio 4.5 is still free. Not likely forever.

evil_genius_180 March 13th, 2013 09:29 PM

Of course they're no longer free. It said in the original post that it was a limited time offer. Though, Hexagon and Bryce are each only $20. Compared to a lot of other software, that's really cheap.

catherine3678a March 13th, 2013 10:42 PM

Yes, but that limited time went on for months and months ... yet some were still caught by surprize when the offer was changed sans notice.

So, 'just in case' anybody's still sitting on the fence, download D/S4.5 before they change their minds on its price.

by the way, the 5 post thing is not working.

evil_genius_180 March 14th, 2013 08:41 AM

That was your fifth post. Try again.

I see what you're saying about Daz. Yeah, people who want it should get it before they have to pay for it.