3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond Reality (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=490)
-   -   Star Wars (Pick Up) (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22451)

evil_genius_180 May 26th, 2008 08:19 PM

Re: Star Wars (Pick Up)

I like your new avatar. :D

crimsonghost13 May 27th, 2008 12:12 AM

I just found this site and this is the first thread i've read. Man all I can say is that pic is rad...

gmd3d May 27th, 2008 02:09 AM

Thanks .. the avatar is a reminder of what I have to do :

Thanks crimsoghost13 . my next picture I working on is Buck Roger based ..
(if I don't I'll have Warrior been sarcastic at me) :) :))

evil_genius_180 May 27th, 2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 252568)
Thanks .. the avatar is a reminder of what I have to do :

When I first saw it, I thought it was Star Wars because the positioning of Buck is similar to the positioning of Han Solo on some of the Star Wars posters. Then I looked at it better. :storm:

gmd3d May 27th, 2008 12:35 PM

You know .. I see what you mean ..

equack May 28th, 2008 02:36 PM

Wicked nice bro! Keep up the good work.

gmd3d May 28th, 2008 02:43 PM

I'll try ... and welcome to 3DG .. have fun..

Shiroshima May 28th, 2008 10:04 PM

really great work, I've seen stuff like this get crowded, but eveything is in the open here, though the transport is a little small, I found it no problem.

gmd3d May 29th, 2008 02:49 AM

Thanks Shiroshima .. I could have done better with the transport ..... next one .. :)

Xaa May 29th, 2008 08:22 PM

Very Cool. :)

gmd3d May 30th, 2008 01:08 AM

Thanks Xaa for your kind words .. :) this kind of feed back is good for the artistic side ..

Fretslayer May 30th, 2008 11:24 AM

The image is cool.
I like the added use of atmospherics. That's something that it often over looked in an image (or animation).

haruchai June 1st, 2008 06:42 AM

Fantastic image, love the use of rain In my head I always associate the Falcon with sun and desert or open space so to see it in such a different setting really gives me a sense of being elsewhere to the films.

Really nice job :)

evil_genius_180 June 1st, 2008 07:37 AM

That's 'cause the Falcon never landed on Kamino in the movies. ;)

gmd3d June 1st, 2008 08:18 AM

thanks again .. this image is what I love to aim for .... and starwars designs are great for placing into any setting .. .While I love space images .. surface can be more fun ..

I like to place the falcon in a jungle setting .. rain forest .. dark .. with a small opening where the falcon ripped through the canopy where light is filtering through. the small landing lights arrayed around the falcon.. damp undergrowth ..
at the foot of the land ramp Han sitting . at its end .. waiting for ??

well what ever ..
this is one I will be doing some time once I can get a decent PC

Darrell Lawrence June 1st, 2008 02:25 PM

Sound like you want him to go find Luke and Yoda :D

gmd3d June 1st, 2008 03:20 PM

:laugh::laugh: .yeah .. I would have like to have seen the falcon travel to see yoda ..

evil_genius_180 June 1st, 2008 05:09 PM

I'd like to see it on that planet they show very briefly during the "Order 66" scene in ROTS. The one with all the colorful foliage where the hot Twi'lek Jedi gets killed. Actually, I'd just like to see more of that planet, that was way too short a shot of it for my taste.

ulimann644 June 8th, 2008 05:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome work Taranis

For eg180: I´m just testing a scene from episode VI ( battle over endor ) - but it takes time, ´cause for the next weeks the European Soccer Championship in Switzerland and Austria is more important for me :laugh:

I´ve rendered just a first test-image to see how the laserbeams work. ( I´ve to change the Planet, correct the illumination, work on the post-effects and... and... and... :tongue2: )

But the thumbnail will give a first impression what will happen in the final scene... :phaser:

Hope you like "Return of the Jedi" as much as "A new Hope" :storm:

ulimann644 June 8th, 2008 06:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There is one more scene I´ll finish soon - It´s the Imperial Task-Force from episode V :storm:

I dither about to turn the camera-angle 180 degrees and use a 3D-planet in front of the scene and maybe a few 3D-moons... :confused: