3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Viewer On! (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Best B5-ship (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21976)

Nexus October 28th, 2006 06:00 AM

Best B5-ship

What do u think s the best ship in Babylon 5?

My favourite is the Whitestar
the 2nd best is the shadow battlecrab

gmd3d October 28th, 2006 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexus
What do u think s the best ship in Babylon 5?

My favourite is the Whitestar
the 2nd best is the shadow battlecrab

Whitestar would be my first . follow by the Narn cruiser .....
the Excalibur . too

Nexus October 28th, 2006 08:50 AM

Little question:

Where does the Excalibur appear?

gmd3d October 28th, 2006 08:54 AM

Well It not in the TV Show but the movies :) the one called "A CALL TO ARMS" .. a very good movie :)

Nexus October 28th, 2006 02:50 PM

Ah, that's the reason....
shazbot!!!

gmd3d October 28th, 2006 02:57 PM

nada ..... :) A CALL TO ARMS is the best of the movies apart from the first "In The Beginning " If you have not seen it do its the story of the Earth Minbary war ....

Nexus October 29th, 2006 11:29 AM

Should watch the films soon

gmd3d October 29th, 2006 02:54 PM

I got them on tape .. I hope to get the last season 5 on DVD then the movies :)

Hipshot August 24th, 2007 07:38 PM

Also in case you're interested. There was a short B5 spinoff called "Crusade" in which that vessel was used. Takes place after the the events in the movie "Call to Arms", I believe, though I might be mistaken in this. In any case, the Shadow followers, after having their planet killer destroyed in an attempt to wipe out Earth, then seed the with a mutant virus they had created and the aim of CRUSADE is to find a cure for what is essentially now a plague planet.

chimera46 October 1st, 2007 08:42 PM

I still gotta love the EA Omega Class Destroyers (the big ugly ones with the rotating sections). Sure they're not as advanced as some others, but they're just so cool. I don't think they had any other ship that would come right out of hyperspace spitting fighters and blasting it's main weapons while still in the vortex. And when they took the time to show the slow burning death of two of them in one episode my jaw just dropped. So I suppose by "best" I went with what I thought they did the coolest effects with...

bwaomega November 21st, 2007 08:20 PM

Call to Arms was in fact a linking movie, meant to draw B5 fans into Crusade, which unfortunately ended up being aired out of sequence. Combined with that , and the final season of B5 moving from syndicated network television to cable, and the two endings to the B5 series, probably caused it to have fewer viewers than desired.

Ryuu November 19th, 2008 03:44 AM

Re: Best B5-ship

My favorite was the Vorlon Planet-Killer....

..."for when you absolutely, positively, have to destroy that planet tonight!"

Neok December 3rd, 2008 07:21 AM

Hmm this is a tough question

do i respond with the best looking ship in my opinion or the best ship funcionality wise in my opinion...

well i will answer both

the best looking ship imho is the the Star Fury / T-bolt

where as functionality wise i feel the best most accurate ship in B5 would have to be the Star Fury and i have to say as well the Star Fury is probably one of the nicest looking ships aswell.

functionality wise the starfury should be unmatched because the design is sound, it shows where the engines are and how they work, so the ship would acctually be able to perform the manivours that it does.

to me the star fury is the most accurate to physics ship in the whole of babylon 5

airwolfnight October 22nd, 2009 09:24 AM

Whitestar,Starfury,Omega and ähm Shadowships.

gmd3d October 22nd, 2009 10:55 AM

Whitestar . Narn cruiser . Excalibur . are still my top

Dangerous April 2nd, 2011 11:52 PM

My favorite is Whitestar, 2nd is Excalibur.

gmd3d April 3rd, 2011 02:22 AM

great designs ,,,,, pity Excalibur never went beyond one season

tgep April 3rd, 2011 08:42 AM

I've the whole B5 series on DVD as well as all the movies.

Best big ship ~ the Agamemnon
Best Fightercraft ~ StarFury

Overall

Best war ship ~ WhiteStar

best non warship ~ Vorlon Transport / Koshes ship

Honorable mention goes to the Drazi vessels

Darrell Lawrence April 3rd, 2011 09:34 PM

My fav is the Ranger's ship "Liandra".

Jedman67 April 3rd, 2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimera46 (Post 250367)
I still gotta love the EA Omega Class Destroyers (the big ugly ones with the rotating sections). Sure they're not as advanced as some others, but they're just so cool.

Ditto. Those massive, clunky rotating earth ships had such a brute-force elegance....they felt more "real" than any of the other spaceships. Plus 10 points for sheer-baddass-awesomeness!!

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/s...4-Eye-of-Horus for some renders of the EarthForce Horus

gmd3d April 4th, 2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 265266)
My fav is the Ranger's ship "Liandra".

never saw Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers.. I have the whole 5 seasons on DVD ... but never got to see this .. I heard mixed reviews ?

what did you think

gmd3d April 4th, 2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedman67 (Post 265267)
Ditto. Those massive, clunky rotating earth ships had such a brute-force elegance....they felt more "real" than any of the other spaceships. Plus 10 points for sheer-baddass-awesomeness!!

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/s...4-Eye-of-Horus for some renders of the EarthForce Horus

I liked them myself. they where inspired no doubt by the Leonov in
2010: The Year We Make Contact.

Darrell Lawrence April 4th, 2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 265272)
never saw Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers.. I have the whole 5 seasons on DVD ... but never got to see this .. I heard mixed reviews ?

what did you think

Pt was ok. Characters seemed a tad "over the top" though.

Jedman67 April 4th, 2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 265273)
I liked them myself. they where inspired no doubt by the Leonov in
2010: The Year We Make Contact.

i've heard that, even tho ive never seen 2010. Nonetheless, those ships practically scream badass! (must resist "Megamaid" reference...)

gmd3d April 5th, 2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior (Post 265284)
Pt was ok. Characters seemed a tad "over the top" though.

G'Kar was a character I liked in the B5 story arc and I liked the sparring between him and Londo Mollari.

I was never a fan of the sets on the show......... but the story was great.

I liked Michael O'Hare as Jeffrey Sinclair...

But the ship design looks good .....

gmd3d April 5th, 2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedman67 (Post 265288)
i've heard that, even tho ive never seen 2010. Nonetheless, those ships practically scream badass! (must resist "Megamaid" reference...)

2010 is a good film ..... quicker pacing than 2001 ASO , good cast

I have seen images of the Leonov and it was a huge model. I will post them if I ever relocate them.

Auditor June 15th, 2011 12:31 PM

I love the Starfury. A design that actually makes sense. No need to get into the whole discussion about space being a vacuum and all that. Anyway the ship just looks great too.

As far as the look of the show yeah the live action elements and cg were drastically different. Loved the CG in it. Golt better as it went on. One of the best for space shots. Not just a starfields tossed in and bad lighting.

Have used Mojo's B5 space lighting design for a long time now.

Jedman67 June 16th, 2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimera46 (Post 250367)
I still gotta love the EA Omega Class Destroyers (the big ugly ones with the rotating sections). Sure they're not as advanced as some others, but they're just so cool. I don't think they had any other ship that would come right out of hyperspace spitting fighters and blasting it's main weapons while still in the vortex. And when they took the time to show the slow burning death of two of them in one episode my jaw just dropped. So I suppose by "best" I went with what I thought they did the coolest effects with...

I define best as "Kicks the Most A**!" - the Omega is my favorite all-time scifi ship, (after the Enterprise D, of course ;)). They may not be the fastest, or the meanest or the most powerful or modern, between all the races, but EarthForce basically bootstrapped itself into a modern interstellar navy, with all the willingness to get down and dirty, and not have to worry about scratching its paint. No, for sheer awesomeness and downright chutzpah, the Omega wins, hands down.

gmd3d June 16th, 2011 03:40 PM

A bit late but here is the Leonov
http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpres...leonov-005.jpg

gmd3d June 16th, 2011 03:42 PM

Also I recently read that the leonov was the Inspiration for the Omega ..

While I do like the design ... if I was building it now I would change a few things on it.