3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   On The Horizon (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=326)
-   -   This is not a reboot (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22657)

evil_genius_180 December 29th, 2008 11:25 AM

Re: This is not a reboot

That looks great. I've always liked the two-toned paint job of the TOS shuttle better than the later shuttles.

XFozzboute January 1st, 2009 08:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I did a little more textures but realized I still have a few smoothing issues. I might rebuild the main body of the shuttle or I might leave it because it still looks good from a reasonable distance. A few folks have expressed that the shuttle bay appears to be a tight squeeze. These pics should show that it's not all that tight. I'm thinking that the shutle bay might be able to fit four shuttles.

evil_genius_180 January 1st, 2009 09:29 PM

I don't see any smoothing errors from that distance. So, if you have to get really close to see them and you don't plan to get that close, I wouldn't worry about it.

Fretslayer January 1st, 2009 09:46 PM

I like it!
The shuttle has an 'angry look' to the aft section.

Is this all part of one big mesh (i.e. a ship with a bay and shuttle to be posed) or am I just smoking too much old rope?

:biggrin:

XFozzboute January 4th, 2009 10:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
It's all one big mesh.

UPDATE...
Finally got around to doing the grid lines after a hell of a lot of work. I'm happy with them and I won't be making any changes so don't ask.:biggrin:
I mean it.:biggrin:

I really mean it.:biggrin:

evil_genius_180 January 5th, 2009 01:15 AM

Who needs changes? Those look perfect to me. :D

Lee January 5th, 2009 09:18 PM

Looks good to me.

XFozzboute January 5th, 2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 259372)
Who needs changes? Those look perfect to me. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Ravensburg (Post 259389)
Looks good to me.

Thanks. I thought some people might bitch about them being too deep or too thick, but it appears ok.:D

evil_genius_180 January 6th, 2009 12:07 AM

Looks like about the same thickness I usually use. And, as far as how deep they are, I don't know how Max operates, but sometimes I can't get lines to cut in trueSpace without making them deep. I get stupid "can't do the booleans" messages, so I move the pieces to make the cuts deeper and it works. Besides, the deeper lines show up better because the deeper cut makes a darker shadow. :)

Lee January 8th, 2009 10:54 PM

I like deeper lines... makes it look more like armor plating...

XFozzboute February 5th, 2009 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Started to on windows to the rim of the saucer.

Lee February 6th, 2009 02:31 AM

purdy...

evil_genius_180 February 6th, 2009 10:49 PM

Nice work, bro. Are you going with a cluster pattern (ala NCC-1701, etc.) or just randomly placing them?

XFozzboute February 7th, 2009 08:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 259731)
Nice work, bro. Are you going with a cluster pattern (ala NCC-1701, etc.) or just randomly placing them?

I don't know if I would call it random since I am thinking about how I want the windows placed. But I'm not following any set pattern so it is made up.

UPDATE...
Starting work on the lower saucer windows. I wasn't going to include portholes here but I tried it and thought it didn't look too bad so I kept it.
I'm still thinking if I'll keep the back walls of the large cut outs the way they are now or make them more angeled.

XFozzboute February 12th, 2009 10:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Not so much an update but another ship design.
While working on a ship for another person I was playing around with the saucer and came up with another idea for a ship.
The first two pics include the ship I was working on. You should be able to guess the one.
Right now it only roughed in I'll add all the parts to make it fit with my alt-Trek concepts. The warp engines will probably be moved.

evil_genius_180 February 13th, 2009 09:56 AM

I like those a lot. The new one in the first 2 pics looks like Enterprise meets Romulan BOP and Millennium Falcon. The other one has more of a Flying Wing look to it. :D

XFozzboute February 19th, 2009 07:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Started to add windows to the lower saucer.
The next two pics are my version of the Ptolemy transport/tug.
After that I started on something for the Feds to shoot at.
A Tholian ship.

XFozzboute March 6th, 2009 09:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I finished the windows on the saucer rim.
I added a few details to the Kelvin part of the ship and built a few cargo containers to go into the cargo bay.

evil_genius_180 March 7th, 2009 09:37 AM

Nice work. I like the little cargo canisters. The round ones remind me of the ones that appeared in every cargo bay shot from TNG.

XFozzboute March 7th, 2009 11:22 AM

That's what they are based on.