3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Viewer On! (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Ep 1-15 Objects in Space (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22345)

Darrell Lawrence December 5th, 2007 05:41 PM

Ep 1-15 Objects in Space

The crew is caught off-guard when a bounty hunter, eager to claim the enormous reward on River's head, sneaks aboard Serenity and methodically begins taking the crew prisoner one by one.

evil_genius_180 December 7th, 2007 10:29 AM

If I were to pick an episode of the ones they made to end the show, this would be the best one (which is good because, sadly, it was the end.) We get to see more of what River can do with the powers the government gave her. Also, we get to see exactly what kinds of enemies the crew faces as they continue to protect River and Simon. It's one of the more serious episodes but it's a good one. :)

Oscaron December 17th, 2007 08:29 PM

Probably one of my faves.

Though it made it hard to see Richard Brooks somewhat normal in other roles.

Also love the fact that he plays Jubal Early opposite Nathan Fillian in Firefly and plays Detective Ehrle opposite Nathan in Drive.

evil_genius_180 December 17th, 2007 09:14 PM

I thought Drive got canceled. I was flipping through stations one day and caught Nathan Fillion on a Soap Opera. That's too bad. He's a better actor than that. But I guess one pays the bills any way one can sometimes.

Oscaron December 18th, 2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 250935)
I thought Drive got canceled. I was flipping through stations one day and caught Nathan Fillion on a Soap Opera. That's too bad. He's a better actor than that. But I guess one pays the bills any way one can sometimes.

Sorry, poor wording on my part. It is canceled.

And Nathan was on One Life to Live from 94-97 according to his filmography. Looks like it was his big break.

evil_genius_180 December 18th, 2007 09:44 PM

Yeah, Soap Operas can actually be a big start for some people. But some people stay too long. (I'm sure it's good money, though.) I didn't even know which Soap Opera it was, I just knew I saw him. I bet, with the writers' strike, that was an old episode I happened to see him on. (even though it doesn't seem like most of those actually have writers. ;))

Oscaron December 19th, 2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 250944)
Yeah, Soap Operas can actually be a big start for some people. But some people stay too long. (I'm sure it's good money, though.) I didn't even know which Soap Opera it was, I just knew I saw him. I bet, with the writers' strike, that was an old episode I happened to see him on. (even though it doesn't seem like most of those actually have writers. ;))

I think they use a complex set of formulas resembling astrological charts to determine when someone kiss/fights/marries/divorces/dies/kills/finds their evil clone/long lost sibling.

Or they have a "Wheel of Plots" they spin every once in a while.

evil_genius_180 December 19th, 2007 10:30 AM

Hmm, I always figured it was an old ball cap and slips of paper. After all, wheels cost money. :wtf:

dedale May 16th, 2008 03:45 AM

Re: Ep 1-15 Objects in Space

hell soap opera ! after space opera its a disgrace or what?

evil_genius_180 May 16th, 2008 09:08 PM

Re: Ep 1-15 Objects in Space

I think it's a paycheck, no matter how you look at it. Most everybody has to do a job he/she isn't thrilled about at one point in life (or more than one point) to pay the bills.