3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Site Help and Feedback (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=518)
-   -   Downloads (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21826)

Beaver June 19th, 2006 04:34 PM

Downloads

Hey everyone,

I just got back into poser and I came over to the best place for ST poster stuff. So I dl-ed a couple things and when I came back for more it seems like they've all disappeared, it says there are none. Maybe it's a cookie error. Who knows?!?

Can anyone help?

Were the dls disabled and I missed the memo?

Thanks

evil_genius_180 June 19th, 2006 09:14 PM

Are you talking about the dwonloads here? It could be a cookie error. Also, Warrior has the DLs set up where you have to be a member with 5 posts or more to see them. Now, I see you have 10 posts, but there's a glitch in the system right now and some people with less than 10 posts can't see them. You might want to try logging out and logging in again and see if you can access the downloads. :D

Because I'm there right now and they're up and running.

Beaver June 20th, 2006 03:31 AM

Thanks for the reply, it took me a few hours, but I managed to pull it off some how... :tos:

evil_genius_180 June 20th, 2006 09:37 AM

Cool. As long as it's working for you. :D

Acadia July 18th, 2006 02:53 PM

I don't see any downloads when I click on "Downloads" either. I've emptied cookies and browser cache and I've even shut down my firewall (I'm behind a router).

pakled July 18th, 2006 06:47 PM

Sorry Acadia, I followed you over here, and have the same problem..;) now I hafta make another 9 posts?..sigh..;)

evil_genius_180 July 18th, 2006 08:16 PM

9 posts? For most people it only takes 5 posts to download, but there's a glitch and a small percentage of members have to have 10 posts.

Acadia July 18th, 2006 08:57 PM

I still don't see any downloads. Just a page saying something about no images available, and showing who is logged in.

evil_genius_180 July 18th, 2006 09:00 PM

Try logging out and logging in again. Make sure your cookies get cleared and restart your browser before you log back in. If that doesn't work, post a couple more times and, hopefully, you'll be there. :)

Acadia July 18th, 2006 09:29 PM

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Is there more than one way to get to the downloads? I'm using the oval Downloads button at the top. I've tried from the main page and from the forums. All I ever get is a page that says there are no new images and shows who's logged in.

Acadia July 18th, 2006 09:33 PM

I tried again using Internet Explorer and turning my firewall off. I've cleared cookies and cache and restarted my browser, but still only see that same page telling me "no new images".

evil_genius_180 July 18th, 2006 09:33 PM

No, that's the only way to get to the downloads. (except that long, shiny pole, but only moderators and admins have access to that :evil: ) Did you log out and back in and do that hokey-pokey of which I spoke?

Acadia July 18th, 2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180
Did you log out and back in and do that hokey-pokey of which I spoke?

Yes, and I still don't see any downloads, LOL

Maybe it's my user name and the site doesn't like it? :frown:

Acadia July 18th, 2006 10:14 PM

This is an online version of "Candid Camera", right? Someone is going to jump out any second and yell "GOTTCHA!!!!!" LOL

evil_genius_180 July 18th, 2006 10:17 PM

I don't know. I came here a few months ago, got my 5 posts, and downloaded a file. I don't know what the issue is. You said you tried again using IE. *shudders* What browser do you normally use?

Acadia July 18th, 2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

I don't know. I came here a few months ago, got my 5 posts, and downloaded a file. I don't know what the issue is. You said you tried again using IE. *shudders* What browser do you normally use?

I use Mozilla-Firefox version 1.5.0.4.

I've done a spyware scan. I've shut down my firewall. I've tried 2 different browsers (IE 6 and Mozilla-Firefox). I've logged out and back in several times. I've deleted browser cache and cookies (several times). I've rebooted. I've checked my computer clock for the time and date (both are correct), and I'm almost at 4 times the requirement and still can't see the downloads.

Can a site admin look into my problem?

evil_genius_180 July 18th, 2006 10:33 PM

That's nutty. I use Firefox 1.5.0.4 also and I've never had an issue here. I think I had to get 10 posts over at colonialfleets (same system) but not as many as you have. Unfortunately, I'm just a moderator, otherwise I'd look into it myself. Lamentably, my powers do not extend past the forums. Hopefully one of the admins will log on soon and check it out.

Acadia July 18th, 2006 10:53 PM

Quote:

That's nutty. I use Firefox 1.5.0.4 also and I've never had an issue here. I think I had to get 10 posts over at colonialfleets (same system) but not as many as you have. Unfortunately, I'm just a moderator, otherwise I'd look into it myself. Lamentably, my powers do not extend past the forums. Hopefully one of the admins will log on soon and check it out.

Yes, very frustrating.

Anyway, hopefully an admin can do something backstage, because I think I'm at 4 times the requirement and still can't see anything to download on that page.

Acadia July 19th, 2006 04:32 AM

*sigh*

I tried to sent a PM to Warrior but his PM box is over flowing and won't accept anymore. So I sent an email instead. Hopefully he can do something backstage to fix it. There must be some kind of glitch.

Someone at Renderosity suggested a cookie problem. But when I look I have cookies. I log out and the cookies here are deleted, and I go back to my browser options and delete cookies again anyway just to make sure.

I can get around the site no problem. Login and out no problem. It's just the download area that has been affected.

I'm very frustrated :(

evil_genius_180 July 19th, 2006 09:35 AM

Can you see the pics in the gallery? And, can you post attachments? Because those both have the 5-post rule, also.

Acadia July 19th, 2006 10:11 AM

Yes, I see the pics in the gallery. When I click on the oval "Gallery" icon at the top, I go to a page and see 3 thumbnails for the 3 new images. Two are by you ("Sword of Fallen" and "Lightsabre Display") and the other is called "Out of Gas"

As for posting attachments, I don't know how to do that here, and if it involves linking to my own site, I can't do that here either without adjusting my htaccess file to give permission and I don't have time to do that just now as I have to shower and leave for the doctor.

evil_genius_180 July 19th, 2006 10:18 AM

There's a little box at the bottom of this (and any forum) page that says Posting rules. It should read something like this:

You may post new threads
you may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

The line about attachments is the important one. Either it will say may or may not.

Acadia July 19th, 2006 10:21 AM

In the posting rules it says:

you may post new threads
you may post replies
you may post attachments
You may edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is OFF

Acadia July 19th, 2006 10:22 AM

This is what I see when I click the oval download link at the top. I get sent to this page:

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/5821/whatiseebd6.jpg

evil_genius_180 July 19th, 2006 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You should've posted that this morning. I think I actually can help you. On the part I have circled on my attachment, you can see this:

logged in as evil_genius_180
log out

On yours, it doesn't have your membername, it just reads:

log out.

You need to go to that screen. Log out on that page by clicking on that. Then do the cookiee thing and log in again when it redirects you. That should clear up the problem. I know, because I too have had this issue once or twice.

Once you're logged back in, go to the downloads and, if it shows your membername, you should see the downloads. (hopefully)

Acadia July 19th, 2006 10:54 AM

I have done that more than a few times already, and now just again. Everytime I see "log out", I click it and try logging in again. Nothing is helping me.

When I log out using the "log out' that you see in the image, I get an error window saying that an "error occurred while attempting to log you out. Click here to log out". I click the word "here" and get another window that tells me the cookies have been cleared and to either return to the previous page I was viewing or go to the forums.

When I log out using the "log out" link at the top of this page below the oval gallery icon, I get a window that tells me that my cookies are cleared and to either return to the previous page I was viewing or go to the forums.

Anyway, I have to run and shower and leave for the doctor. I'll be back later to check for further help.

evil_genius_180 July 19th, 2006 11:15 AM

This is freakin' nutty!! I too have things to do, but we'll try to figure this crap out later. :phaser:downloads

Kai July 19th, 2006 11:44 AM

when you log out.. do you then shut your browser down then reopen it? (just a thought)...

Acadia July 19th, 2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai
when you log out.. do you then shut your browser down then reopen it? (just a thought)...

Trying to figure this out I have been logging out using the "logout" link below the oval gallery icon. I then click "Downloads" and use that "logout" that is showing in the screenshot above.

I clear my cookies just in case they are left behind, and I clear my browser cache.

I have closed my browser and rebooted and came back.

I still can't see anything but what is in the image I posted.

Kai July 19th, 2006 03:00 PM

'k... what browser are you using?