3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Viewer On! (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Starwars TV series (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21315)

shugotenshi June 13th, 2005 11:26 AM

Starwars TV series

http://www.theforce.net/swtv/

There's been alot of talk about a Starwars TV series. Any comments?

moovok June 13th, 2005 12:30 PM

I'm actually looking forward to it. Means there's a possibility that I could actually appear as a Star Wars character somewhere down the line :) Even a little extra or alien :)

George, if you're listening....

General Phoenix June 13th, 2005 04:21 PM

Here's hoping that they accept spec scripts for the series, if it is actually made. I could come up with some great Star Wars stories... :)

moovok June 14th, 2005 02:30 AM

I know the first season is specifically gonna be created by George and a small team, but after that, he's letting them do what they wish, within reason, a bit like with Clone Wars, he gave them some details, but apart from that, they went and did their own thing.

gmd3d June 14th, 2005 05:49 AM

will they be jedi stories

McAfee2000 June 14th, 2005 02:37 PM

The idea could be scary. They will either do two things to the Star Wars universe. One - they will totally mess up the concepts with bad stories, or they will strengthen its mystic with well written stories and characters. However, we have seen that even in the movies that they can introduce the most annoying characters and still manage to keep the series going. TV is a different medium and sometimes it just doesn't translate very well from the big screen to the small. I definitely will be watching.

moovok June 14th, 2005 03:46 PM

Nah, it's between 3-4 and it will not be about Jedi's nor Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan or Han, it'll be different characters, different settings, but hopefully some GOOD storylines. Though of course to boost ratings (like Smallville) they'll find someway to get Han or Luke in there somewhere...

skyhawk223 June 15th, 2005 01:35 PM

Well, since there's no more Star Trek, at least for a while, I need something else to watch. Bring it on.

shugotenshi June 15th, 2005 01:45 PM

I'm hoping if they do a series between 3-4. That they would show some of leia growing up and what life was like on Alderaan, and the formation of the rebellion. As well as show some of the other characters, that where a major part of the rebellon, and the events surronding them joining the rebellon.

STEVEFRIARS June 23rd, 2005 05:58 AM

What kind of budget is this show going to have, though? With the movies the sky seems to be the limit where effects are concerned, but with a TV show it's a different story. I'm having difficulty picturing Star Wars on a Star Trek budget, particularly since so much of the prequels was done with super-expensive CGI.

moovok June 23rd, 2005 02:26 PM

Actually, George Lucas set his films a set budget, therefore the special effects had to fit that budget. ILM had to change how they priced things as well which means other films can do that. So I guess the TV show would get ILM doing their stuff...

CaptainHawke June 26th, 2005 06:37 AM

A Star Wars TV show

Quote:

Originally Posted by shugotenshi
http://www.theforce.net/swtv/

There's been alot of talk about a Starwars TV series. Any comments?

Yes there are going to be 2 Star Wars TV shows. George revealed it at the Celebration III. I was there personally at the show he announced it. One will be live action time period unknown. But would like to have it take place between Episodes III & IV. There will be no major characters involved. It'll be side characters. But we will know the major characters will be there.

The second one will be a 3D animation series based on or the continuation of The Clone Wars TV cartoon shorts.

It was also announced that there is a Willow TV series in the works. Warrick Davis wanted it and got it.

Skullsplitter June 27th, 2005 08:05 AM

Please don't let George write or direct this series. He totally screwed up the prequels, he should write plot outlines and let someone else write the actual scripts & direct.

A good writer/director combination - Joe Straczynski & Jesus Trevino.

Trekman June 28th, 2005 06:59 AM

Yeah,

The Movies 4, 5, and 6 were the best.

1, 2, and 3 seemed to have too many FX and no story.

STEVEFRIARS June 28th, 2005 09:10 AM

Kevin Smith is supposed to be involved in the TV series so we could end up watching an 18 rated series with a bunch of swearing, potty-mouthed jedi knights.

Skullsplitter June 28th, 2005 09:17 AM

and what's so wro wrong with Qui Gon Silent Bob or Darth Jay ?

CaptainHawke June 28th, 2005 09:34 AM

Where did you hear Kevin Smith is supposed to be involved?

STEVEFRIARS June 29th, 2005 08:09 AM

On the Dark Horizons website (www.darkhorizons.com): "IESB reports that Kevin Smith's involvement in the upcoming "Star Wars" live-action TV series will be in the writing and directing at least a three episode story arc."

CaptainHawke June 29th, 2005 09:03 AM

No offense, but if it's not on starwars.com it's probably not true.. TFN and those types of websites are not always truthful. IESB?

STEVEFRIARS July 1st, 2005 09:10 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but assuming that I'm not a seasoned forum user, could you please explain what you mean by TFN and IESB?
And I've found the Dark Horizons website to be pretty reliable up till now.

CaptainHawke July 1st, 2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEVEFRIARS
Pardon my ignorance, but assuming that I'm not a seasoned forum user, could you please explain what you mean by TFN and IESB?
And I've found the Dark Horizons website to be pretty reliable up till now.

TFN is TheForce.net

And I was asking what IESB was.

STEVEFRIARS July 5th, 2005 02:02 AM

Sorry - www.iesb.net.

megfunc July 8th, 2005 12:57 PM

===))

STEVEFRIARS July 9th, 2005 07:32 AM

?????

stayhigh July 21st, 2005 04:10 AM

I want to see early what kind of thing is sufficient as.:-)

kenposan August 6th, 2005 07:33 PM

tough to bring to the small screen I would think, but hey, the cartoon series was entertaining.

biotech September 11th, 2005 09:57 AM

I feel like I have waited most of my life for a star wars series, I only hope it can hold up to the anticipation.

Elminster_ZK September 12th, 2005 04:17 PM

sorry

Sorry, really I am, but both the Star Wars TV series are going to suck. You know it, and I know it. We can hope, we can dream, but the reality is that Lucas lost his mind and is running a great thing into the earth. IMHO, of course. :(

skyhawk223 September 13th, 2005 08:39 AM

So, tell us how you really feel....

Tibbetts September 13th, 2005 09:32 AM

Personally, I'm excited about this. I hope Lucas is able to bring it to TV. :D

-Tibbetts