3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond Reality (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=490)
-   -   Star Trek Federation and Empires TOS (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23933)

gmd3d July 31st, 2020 12:28 PM

Star Trek Federation and Empires TOS

6 Attachment(s)
Done and Done, my last Star Trek model is finished. :)

TOS Designs of the Klingon and Romulan designs made a few changes to some areas, impulse engines on the Battlecruisers, hangar bay on the top. Although I designed it with my 1311.5 Constitution model in mind and they are scaled to that, but I include the classic scale of 947ft and 2 other Klingon scales, personally I don't think any of the design work well under the canon scale

But as I said, it's my last trek model (I think) I don't want to go and do more. Other small projects and mostly my own designs. While I still enjoy Star Trek TOS and others to a lesser extent, apart from the art I am not going to modelling ST anymore.

Darrell Lawrence August 6th, 2020 01:56 PM

Re: Star Trek Federation and Empires TOS

'sup with the color scheme on those D7s?

gmd3d August 7th, 2020 01:53 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence (Post 270008)
'sup with the color scheme on those D7s?

I used these references for the Klingon colour scheme and the Romulan I used my own

evil_genius_180 August 16th, 2020 03:32 PM

Those all look great, Ger.

Yeah, that's the same color scheme I used for my D7 also. That particular model was from Phase II, from the pilot episode, the scene where V'Ger destroys the Klingon ships. If I remember correctly, the model was pulled from the original molds and the color scheme should be fairly accurate to what was on TOS. The model was just so washed out on the show. Of course, one of the Phase II D7s later went on to become the K't'inga class when they switched from Phase II to TMP.

gmd3d August 18th, 2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 270013)
Those all look great, Ger.

Yeah, that's the same color scheme I used for my D7 also. That particular model was from Phase II, from the pilot episode, the scene where V'Ger destroys the Klingon ships. If I remember correctly, the model was pulled from the original molds and the color scheme should be fairly accurate to what was on TOS. The model was just so washed out on the show. Of course, one of the Phase II D7s later went on to become the K't'inga class when they switched from Phase II to TMP.

cheers and thanks.. my Star Trek modelling journey is now over. there is not one design I like to work on at the moment. save perhaps someday the Excelsior but with my own spin. keeping with my reimagined designs.

I have worked on one non-canon Star Trek design but I cannot share yet, Andorian design.