3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   On The Horizon (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=326)
-   -   Starhawk's Space Rider (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23938)

gmd3d August 25th, 2020 04:24 AM

Starhawk's Space Rider

7 Attachment(s)
Starhawk and The Space Rider, now little known by many in fact I think completely unknown, one of those comic characters that never really gained a following, but I remember it. its one of those designs I always wanted to do but never had the time, now I do. back story
Sol Rynn, alias Starhawk, was a roving lawman who brought justice to the scattered worlds of the slowly disintegrating Terran Empire in the 26th century AD, along with his trusty robot sidekick, Droid. They rode in a ship called the Space Rider and answered SOS calls sent out using special SOS cards of Rynn's own design.

Starhawk originated in The Crunch one of UK comic short-lived older comics before transferring to Hotspur, and later appeared in Starblazer, Victor, Spike and (as 'Young Starhawk') Buddy, as well as three Hotspur annuals from DC Thomson

I read the Space Rider was design by Ian Kennedy who did many of DC Thomson titles.

As with all my designs now, I tweak the design, setting scale and having a little modelling fun.

evil_genius_180 August 25th, 2020 04:38 AM

Re: Starhawk's Space Rider

That's really sweet. I like the design and your modeling is top notch, as always.

gmd3d August 25th, 2020 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 270062)
That's really sweet. I like the design and your modeling is top notch, as always.

Thanks Chris. Its fun working on something new, I have another design from the Starblazer comic in the works. not from the same story but you could imagine it from the same universe :)

evil_genius_180 August 25th, 2020 05:06 AM

Sounds cool, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Speaking of comics, I've been reading some Dredd. I just finished the "Cursed Earth Saga" a little bit ago. Man, I love those comics.

gmd3d August 25th, 2020 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 270065)
Sounds cool, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Speaking of comics, I've been reading some Dredd. I just finished the "Cursed Earth Saga" a little bit ago. Man, I love those comics.

that's a great story from Dredd. its the first or second big story arc I think. add The Day the Law Died, Block Mania which is a prologue to The Apocalypse War

evil_genius_180 August 25th, 2020 05:29 AM

Yeah, it was the first big one. Though, the "Complete Case Files" omnibus is missing 4 chapters due to copyright infringement. But, it's still a great story, even with those missing chapters. The Day the Law Died pretty much starts right after it in the book. So, I'll start with that here in a little bit. :)

gmd3d September 1st, 2020 12:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
cool. enjoy the epic that is Dredd world.

I was away for a few days so very little done since I got back home.

made a few changes to the outrigger engines, that what I assume they are.

ulimann644 September 2nd, 2020 11:25 AM

I didn´t heard about this comic before but I like the ship-design and the mesh looks cool.
I´m curious how it looks like when it´s ready.

evil_genius_180 September 2nd, 2020 02:24 PM

That looks good. I like the details. :)

gmd3d September 3rd, 2020 12:54 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks, guys.
@ulimann644

Starhawk originated in The Crunch before transferring to Hotspur, and later appeared in Starblazer, Victor, Spike and (as 'Young Starhawk') Buddy, as well as three Hotspur annuals.

I first knew of him in Starblazer which is by DC Thomson based in Dundee Scotland. they published many well-known (if you're in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland perhaps :) ) many comics for kids.

The Dandy (1937–2012) Kids
The Topper (1953–1990) kids
Commando Comics (1961–present) War
The Hotspur (1933 -1991)
The Victor (1961–1994) - (war and action)
Warlord (1974–1986) War and action

each had their group of characters drawn and written by the same artists at times seen in 2000AD.

One of my favourite artists is Ian Kennedy (among many), Some images just to illustrate, moving off topic a little but

gmd3d September 9th, 2020 02:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had some PC issue and was forces to reinstall windows and all the other progs

but now I have a little more work done, I am not going to work on the interior as I planned to much time.

gmd3d September 12th, 2020 02:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This design is now finished on to the next