3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond Reality (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=490)
-   -   Star Trek Galileo Returns (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23953)

gmd3d May 18th, 2021 02:46 AM

Star Trek Galileo Returns

3 Attachment(s)
The Galileo Returns to the Enterprise, at least my reimagined Enterprise which has been rescaled from the canon scale of 947ft to 1311.5ft. (I still beleive it should be larger)

The shuttle is just under 28ft.

ulimann644 May 21st, 2021 02:50 AM

Re: Star Trek Galileo Returns

Aside the rescaling I love this pics. Especially the view out of the hangar.
Also very cool meshes.

gmd3d May 24th, 2021 01:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulimann644 (Post 270188)
Aside the rescaling I love this pics. Especially the view out of the hangar.
Also very cool meshes.

Thanks, its a feature I like too. took a while to get right at the time, scaling up is needed one area is having the turntable also as a shuttle lift to the lower decks for storage.
this image will give you an idea of my layout

ulimann644 June 8th, 2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmd3d (Post 270189)
Thanks, its a feature I like too. took a while to get right at the time, scaling up is needed one area is having the turntable also as a shuttle lift to the lower decks for storage.
this image will give you an idea of my layout

Thanks for posting the image. Okay with this lift for the shuttles the scaling makes sense.

gmd3d June 11th, 2021 01:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulimann644 (Post 270190)
Thanks for posting the image. Okay with this lift for the shuttles the scaling makes sense.

It works better, at least for the hangar, I was able to fit decent corridors to the side for crew to gain access, as you can see in this image, but I would have liked to have had more room again.

ulimann644 June 12th, 2021 08:39 PM

It´s cool to see where the shuttles are at this last image.

gmd3d July 15th, 2021 04:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulimann644 (Post 270192)
It´s cool to see where the shuttles are at this last image.

Cheers, I was away for a while.
It took some time to work it out, but I think the Enterprise should be a little bigger again to fix other areas, a friend on FACEBOOK while I was on the platform said that the master system's display by Doug Drexler for the Defiant works-out around 1500ft, long.

This would solve one of the main annoyances I have with the Constitution Class accepted features by fans, is the bridge being offset by 36 degree.

I disagree with it, and as the scale of the Enterprise was never mentioned on screen (I know Franz Joseph blueprints appeared in the movies displays) I think the scale is open for revision :)

According to production designer Matt Jefferies, dramatic necessity required the turbolift to be moved from its planned center-line position (as seen on the Enterprise model). This offset placement allowed characters to walk onto the bridge and enter scenes without being blocked by actors sitting in the command chair.

Increasing the scale to 1500ft would allow the curve of the bridge dome to allow space for an elevator shaft within.