3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=337)
-   -   New Member Welcome Thread (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22542)

gmd3d January 6th, 2014 05:04 AM

Re: New Member Welcome Thread

welcome aboard..

jerriecan February 26th, 2014 11:20 AM

Not really a new member, just one who never posted and drifted away...

I've been trying my hand at rendering lately, and love science fiction. Where else should I end up but here? ;) Longtime Photoshop user, been using DAZ Studio for about a year and a half. Would like to learn to model but still wrapping my brain around getting decent renders. Lots to learn.

It's nice to be here!

gmd3d February 26th, 2014 01:23 PM

Welcome aboard.. and great that you have decided to chat with us.

lets see some art sometime.. best way to get feedback and perhaps help in other areas

ulimann644 February 27th, 2014 12:24 AM

Welcome jerriecan :)

SnkBitten September 30th, 2019 01:57 PM

New member, primarily a Lightwave user. Started with Lightwave back in the early 90's on the Amiga VideoToaster system as a wannabe video maker. Around 2015 became re-acquainted with Amiga (due to my news feeds blowing up with it's anniversary) and Lightwave which eventually brought me to purchasing the current version of Lightwave for the PC (2015.3 at the time, now 2019.1.4).

Love seeing 3d renders and animations, extremely impressed with those that can model.

gmd3d October 2nd, 2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnkBitten (Post 269788)
New member, primarily a Lightwave user. Started with Lightwave back in the early 90's on the Amiga VideoToaster system as a wannabe video maker. Around 2015 became re-acquainted with Amiga (due to my news feeds blowing up with it's anniversary) and Lightwave which eventually brought me to purchasing the current version of Lightwave for the PC (2015.3 at the time, now 2019.1.4).

Love seeing 3d renders and animations, extremely impressed with those that can model.

Welcome aboard SnkBitten, Lightwave user myself

ulimann644 October 2nd, 2019 03:41 AM

Hi SnkBitten

Welcome. Also Lightwave 2019-User. :)

bellpeppers October 17th, 2019 11:48 AM

Hello.
I'm Chris and I just want to say "thank you" for the add.

I used to be a Truespace guy, and then stopped. After a couple years of nothing I got Lightwave 2015- but have only now started using it.

I'm more knowledgeable with 3D Cad than 3D art programs.

gmd3d October 17th, 2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellpeppers (Post 269840)
Hello.

I used to be a Truespace guy, and then stopped. After a couple years of nothing I got Lightwave 2015- but have only now started using it.

Welcome aboard. started with Truespace but was no good with it, using LW for 16 years maybe more.

ulimann644 October 19th, 2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Hello.

Welcome bellpeppers

I´ve had my first version of LW also two or three years, before I´ve started to build the first modell with it.

gmd3d October 29th, 2019 04:20 AM

Quote:

Hello.

there are some tutorials (old but still useful for later LW packages) in the link above near the header.

Bridger December 5th, 2019 02:19 AM

Aloha

At first I would like to say thanks for being accepted in the forum and I am looking forward to learn form you.I am a big Science Fiction Fan mostly Star Trek and Stargate so ships from those franchises interest me the most.

What drives me here is that I want to improve my hobby of physical model building by learning to create 3d model so I can create replacement parts for poor modeled or right out wrong parts and one day create entire models on the PC and bring them into the real world.

gmd3d December 7th, 2019 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridger (Post 269862)
Aloha

At first I would like to say thanks for being accepted in the forum and I am looking forward to learn form you.I am a big Science Fiction Fan mostly Star Trek and Stargate so ships from those franchises interest me the most.

What drives me here is that I want to improve my hobby of physical model building by learning to create 3d model so I can create replacement parts for poor modeled or right out wrong parts and one day create entire models on the PC and bring them into the real world.

Welcome aboard. this is one of the forums where I learned and was inspired to model though orginally I started rendering and modelling took over.

Classic Star Trek and Classic BSG, Buck Rogers are my insperation