3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Viewer On! (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Anyone still a S:AAB fan? (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22966)

kageryu April 16th, 2009 01:03 AM

Re: Anyone still a S:AAB fan?

I was pretty fond of Space:AAB. Still am. I didn't mind what everyone seems to refer to as "soapy" as it wasn't nearly as shallow or poorly written character stories as soaps are...and I grew up on a lot of anime, which gets into character drama a lot, even in the good sci-fi shooters. I was not at all happy with the last few episode leading up to the end though...and I did not like the way it ended at all. If it hadn't been on following football and unable to maintain a viewer base because of constant schedule changes, I thought the show would have gone much farther. In some respects it reminded me of BSG, and in others Full Metal Jacket. I never liked the capital ships for either side, but the fighters were sweet.

wrenchman January 12th, 2011 10:30 PM

I really liked this show and really loved the Hammerhead design. Thanks so much for the cockpit pictures. finding pictures like this from the original show props are so hard to come by. This really is invaluable reference material for us modelers.

Big...Big...thanks!

motleyjust January 17th, 2011 08:30 PM

Never heard of it, but I checked Netflix has it on disc, but not on Instant.

gmd3d January 18th, 2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motleyjust (Post 264022)
Never heard of it, but I checked Netflix has it on disc, but not on Instant.

welcome motleyjust
Space: Above and Beyond has a short run on TV ... biggest problem most had when viewing it.. was too dark ... lighting wise. but like firefly was cut short just as the characters started to really come together

Auditor June 15th, 2011 01:31 PM

I loved SAAB. As I said in the other thread so glad when it came out on DVD. Sucks it was cancelled so early.

OMG wish I had that cockpit.

I have a nice article in a old model building magazine I think it is. Back from when the show was on. Might even be two parts. I'll have to scan it to a pdf file and post it. If that's ok. Talks about the physical and cg models and stuff.

Rhonen February 24th, 2012 12:02 PM

i know it's older, but i like S:AAB. Commodore Ross is my favorite. Rules when they should be but otherwise very human.

I am happy to have that DVDs :)

gmd3d February 25th, 2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auditor (Post 265774)
I have a nice article in a old model building magazine I think it is. Back from when the show was on. Might even be two parts. I'll have to scan it to a pdf file and post it. If that's ok. Talks about the physical and cg models and stuff.

I think its OK if its only the modeling part and not the whole mag.. a blog can host the PDF as I found out.... the Image attachment feature here is still on the frits.

Auditor February 25th, 2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

I think its OK if its only the modeling part and not the whole mag.. a blog can host the PDF as I found out.... the Image attachment feature here is still on the frits.
Thanks for the reply on that. When Rhonen's post in this thread made me see my old post and I was thinking I never got a reply on that. I'll have to post it on my blog then.

gmd3d February 25th, 2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auditor (Post 267076)
Thanks for the reply on that. When Rhonen's post in this thread made me see my old post and I was thinking I never got a reply on that. I'll have to post it on my blog then.

Sorry about that, I don´t know how I missed it. I read all the posts (not hard as were not very busy) but I hope that will change this year...

Rhonen February 25th, 2012 07:56 AM

If you will haved post it, please link it. Sounds interesting. ;)

Auditor February 26th, 2012 12:12 AM

Okay here you go. I think this will work. I found the files I had scanned and I made a PDF and at long last figured out how to put it on my new blog. So here is the link. Hope it works.

http://0x0y0z.files.wordpress.com/20...aabarticle.pdf

gmd3d February 26th, 2012 01:26 AM

Thanks........a very interesting read .......

coolguy March 19th, 2012 05:09 AM

Anyone still a fan?

Why yes, me. Owned all episodes on VHS and made some miniatures to play with. How much worse can I get?

gmd3d March 19th, 2012 06:59 AM

lets see some pics of the miniatures :)

coolguy March 19th, 2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 267145)
lets see some pics of the miniatures :)

If the renders will do I can make them visible in my shapeways shop. I only have some BSG minis made. The Trek, SAAB and SG Stuff works out fine but I have not had the chance to order myself.

3D Printing is very expensive but what don`t I do for being a fan ;):D

gmd3d March 19th, 2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 267147)
If the renders will do I can make them visible in my shapeways shop. I only have some BSG minis made. The Trek, SAAB and SG Stuff works out fine but I have not had the chance to order myself.

3D Printing is very expensive but what don`t I do for being a fan ;):D

It would be great to see them........ only BSG art or discussions cannot be displayed here........ of that you can join Colonial Fleets which is our sister site.

But when your ready with the Trek etc..... I would like to see that and the results of 3D printing

Darrell Lawrence November 2nd, 2012 09:17 PM

Damn. How the heck did I miss this thread???

That cockpit ROCKS!

evil_genius_180 November 3rd, 2012 09:11 AM

You were busy. ;)

Triple F November 18th, 2012 11:31 AM

Yes is the short answer. Though haven’t seen it for a while. A year after B5 had started, I always thought the space based side of the CGI was possibly deliberately (at times a little too) dark to give it a different look.