3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   On The Horizon (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=326)
-   -   This is not a reboot (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22657)

Tenement September 4th, 2009 04:59 AM

Re: This is not a reboot

The 'ISS Hoshi Sato' (After all, she did make herself Empress.)

ulimann644 September 6th, 2009 07:39 AM

Very impresive models - I only miss the yellow parts at the top of the primary hulls a little bit...
Also I didn´t like the cross position of the Imperial Emblem...

XFozzboute September 6th, 2009 09:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenement (Post 261976)
The 'ISS Hoshi Sato' (After all, she did make herself Empress.)

It would work but I want to use names that work in both universes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulimann644 (Post 261978)
Very impresive models - I only miss the yellow parts at the top of the primary hulls a little bit...
Also I didn´t like the cross position of the Imperial Emblem...

I'm not sure what yellow parts you are talking about.
I decided to tilt the emblem a little so it would fit otherwise I would of had to make it smaller and I like the size of it now.

UPDATE...
The cats are coming along. I don’t want to go too crazy on the details on these. So I’m a little stuck on what I want to do. I now see a few mesh errors that need to be fixed. I know I’ll add a few more windows but I’m not sure if I want to move the shuttle bays to the cats or not, that will be alot of work removing the ones on the saucer unless I just convert the other one to a second cargo bay.

gmd3d September 7th, 2009 04:21 AM

really coming along great ..

ulimann644 September 7th, 2009 11:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFozzboute (Post 261980)
I'm not sure what yellow parts you are talking about.
I decided to tilt the emblem a little so it would fit otherwise I would of had to make it smaller and I like the size of it now.

I´m talking about the yellow-parts that I´ve seen at the ISS ENTERPRISE in the episode "In a mirror, darkly" ( see also the picture I´ve added )

XFozzboute September 7th, 2009 12:18 PM

Oh yes those. I thought about doing that but it looked to cluttered for me.

ulimann644 September 8th, 2009 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFozzboute (Post 261984)
Oh yes those. I thought about doing that but it looked to cluttered for me.

That´s the reason why I´ve modified the design of this yellow parts for my ISS SCHARNHORST to give this ship a little more modern look ( My Cruiser is part of a MU-Story - written by me - that plays in 2167 - 12 years after "In a mirror, darkly"

This is the Cruiser:

XFozzboute September 10th, 2009 07:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh yeah I've seen that ship. Since the TOS ships don't have the yellow parts I'm ok with not haveing them as well.
UPDATE...
Work on the Archer has stalled a little until I think of what I want to do with it so I've gone back to the U.S.S. Ptolemy.
I decided that the cargo container should open from below. In the pic I show it with warp engines but it can also be fitted with different modules to carry many other thing. I thought hinges for the doors might be a good idea so I added those and some detail to the inner doors. I'm thinking about some kind of control room or monitor room inside the container also. I angled the warp engines a bit more to move them farther from the container and I also moved them up a little.

XFozzboute September 12th, 2009 12:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I need something for my other ships to shoot at so I went back and reworked a few bits on my Tholian ship. There's not much done so far but I have added a web spinner. The last pic shows scale.

XFozzboute September 13th, 2009 11:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
More Tholian goodness. :D

gmd3d September 14th, 2009 02:28 AM

thats a great build .. the man gives the scale nicely :)

Tenement September 14th, 2009 04:49 AM

Looks very cool!

XFozzboute September 17th, 2009 10:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
The ships starting to come along nicely. I'm happy with it so far even though it still is kind of simple looking. The red and blue texture is a temp but closer to what I actually want done.

XFozzboute September 20th, 2009 03:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I've added more details and what I'm guessing are windows. At least based on my references that's what they look like to me. :) The last picture is done without any lights. I don't see haveing a lot more to do. Just a few more details and some chamfered edges.

XFozzboute September 24th, 2009 09:37 PM

Ptolemyou...Ptolemy ;)

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Gone back to work on the mediem tug/transport.
Pic 1 shows the beginning of the connection point for the primary container. This will allow other containers to connect to this one.
Pic 2 shows what will become an observation room. I still have to add tractor beam and force field emitters to keep the cargo in place. The room textures are temp.
Pic 3 shows how the room looks on the inside and what will become another type of cargo container.

XFozzboute October 3rd, 2009 10:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I'm finishing up work on the cargo container modules. I have yet to figure out where to place the door so cargo can actually be put in the containers. :) I do know I want them on one or both of the large flat parts.

XFozzboute October 4th, 2009 10:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Started to work on the textures.

Tenement October 6th, 2009 04:51 AM

Very cool! I like the used universe look.

XFozzboute October 18th, 2009 06:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I've added more details to the Tholian ship and beveled a few edges. I also changed the glowy bits with the help of Apophosis. I like this version much better than the other one.

gmd3d October 21st, 2009 03:55 AM

I repeat what I said .. Great work XFozzboute.. the textures really look great