3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   On The Horizon (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=326)
-   -   Thunder fighter (Buck Rogers 25th) (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22532)

Darrell Lawrence June 3rd, 2008 09:28 AM

Re: Thunder fighter (Buck Rogers 25th)

Hey T, will you be using vertibevel?

gmd3d June 3rd, 2008 12:26 PM

Most Likely Vertibevel. awesome tool

I also like jettobevel .. rounder sometime I have to close modeler .

Darrell Lawrence June 3rd, 2008 12:34 PM

Vertibevel and Super Size are two of my best modeling friends :D

gmd3d June 3rd, 2008 12:46 PM

never use supersize .. I have to look as some of these LW tools again :)

Darrell Lawrence June 3rd, 2008 01:08 PM

Super Size lets you center/move and measure/resize things numerically very nicely :)

gmd3d June 3rd, 2008 01:42 PM

I'll have a go at with that ..

gmd3d June 4th, 2008 04:34 AM

5 Attachment(s)
More or less the over all shape .. I need to correct he curve of the central hull ..
that not right ,,

gmd3d June 4th, 2008 04:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
To more with the offending curve

Lee June 4th, 2008 04:54 AM

I hate curves... unless they are on a women...:D

gmd3d June 4th, 2008 05:00 AM

Snap :)

evil_genius_180 June 4th, 2008 09:21 AM

Looks great, T. What's the issue with the curve? I'm nowhere near familiar enough with this ship to know what each curve is supposed to look like.

Fretslayer June 4th, 2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 253037)
Looks great, T. What's the issue with the curve? I'm nowhere near familiar enough with this ship to know what each curve is supposed to look like.

*WHEW*

And I thought I was the only one thinking that. LOL!

I think the ship looks great but like all (of y'all) artists, when I see my art I see every flaw in every piece, where as others see just the 'art'.

evil_genius_180 June 4th, 2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fretslayer (Post 253038)
*WHEW*

And I thought I was the only one thinking that. LOL!

Yeah, if it's not a Trek ship (especially the Enterprise from either TOS or the movies) I'm not anywhere near versed enough to say "I don't think that curve is quite like the original." :cool-sm:

Fretslayer June 4th, 2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 253040)
Yeah, if it's not a Trek ship (especially the Enterprise from either TOS or the movies) I'm not anywhere near versed enough to say "I don't think that curve is quite like the original." :cool-sm:

Both of those are my favorite Enterprise versions.
Nothing against the TNG era ships but there is something about the TOS era ship (tv and movie) that really works for me and I know what it is.

I really like the idea of a ship like the TOS (and TOS movie) appearing to be so big that it can hold as many people as is does and yet at the same time it's a tiny, little speck of an island in a vast sea of cosmic emptiness.

The idea of being on something so small and vulnerable in a place so dangerous (space) really turns me on creatively. I think that is something that was missing in the TNG era ships. Seeing an aircraft carrier in the middle of an ocean doesn't cause the same feeling in me that I get when see a small commercial fishing boat in the middle of an ocean.

Just my .2 cents. :)

Oh, and I can't wait to see this mesh when it's done. I hope it magically shows up in the download section. -hint-hint-
:D

evil_genius_180 June 4th, 2008 10:04 AM

You should be good there. Taranis usually releases his work. :)

gmd3d June 4th, 2008 12:56 PM

Thanks fellas .. the inner hull looks to me to much need to be altered a little .

Oh and Raffs is building one in foundation3d .. looks great .. we are sending references refs to each other for other ship in Bucks Universe...
Raffs starfighter is leaps ahead of mine in building style so I will learn for it ..

Fretslayer June 4th, 2008 01:31 PM

I can't wait to play with... er, did I say play with? I meant do really important CG things with this Starfighter mesh.
:)

gmd3d June 4th, 2008 01:43 PM

Oh I forgot to say I will be releasing it .. as EG180 pointed out .. I always do .. once I am happy with it

Lee June 4th, 2008 02:18 PM

Cool beans

Gemini1999 June 9th, 2008 07:15 PM

I love the Thunderfighter! If I had to pick a favorite star fighter design, this would be it. I mean, I love the Colonial Viper and the X-Wing quite a bit, but there was something unique about the Thunderfighter that really gets under your skin. I remember when BR was still on television, I had a friend that I worked with that actually started working up drawings for the framework to build a full-sized version like that in the TV series. I don't know what we would have done with it, but we sure were hopped up about it back then. Like so many other projects in my youth, it fell out of our heads when the next SciFi film or series came out and we moved on to other things.

Bryan