3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   On The Horizon (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=326)
-   -   Thunder fighter (Buck Rogers 25th) (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22532)

gmd3d June 10th, 2008 01:19 AM

Re: Thunder fighter (Buck Rogers 25th)

a man after my own heart :) of all the Starfighter's we have seen in Sci-fi .. BR is my fav ... it. I watch it too when first shown on TV .. Star Wars was just out by a few years.. Star Trek had also recently started on BBC tv which could be viewed in Ireland (thank God Irish tv was something of a mind numbing spoo)

sound like a great childhood .. oh the adventures we had .. journeys through space and time and still have to be back home for dinner or the dark lord would start calling out your name.. and the immortal legend "Dinner!! " at the top of her lungs .. ofcourse the minor lords (your friend mothers) are doing the same ..

Coordinated child abuse .... depriving us of our last battle .. just as the not so evil snot nosed kid from the next house who we had to play with is the baddy .. DINNER!? Come in here know or you will get a slap "!!! while waving her wooden spoon which magically appeared in her hand , confirming everyone believe that mother turn to witchcraft around dinner time....

"In a minute!!" the time honoured replies from 10 kids from the ages 7 to 12 ..

"Just you wait until your father gets home"" this worked too a space hero shame each kid hung his / her head and like a POW shambled home.. to a fate of a short sharp spanking..

But wait part 2 is after dinner .. kid running around (a bit stiffly) because they cannot sit down ..

a walk through childhood 1970s / 1980s ..

Thank God its behind me.. :)

mikala June 10th, 2008 11:09 AM

Well it looks like you have definitely got the shape going in the right direction!
I don't remember enough about this ships shape to know how offensive that curve is to you though.

gmd3d June 10th, 2008 01:56 PM

I have it sorted now .. with help from Raffs over at Foundation3d :)

so I am again making some headway .. I'll will at least try to get it done in a way that will at least make a good follow up to RAFFs :)

so stay tuned .

gmd3d June 11th, 2008 09:41 AM

7 Attachment(s)
sorted the shape .. not sure about the lower skids

evil_genius_180 June 11th, 2008 09:51 AM

Looks outstanding, dude. :D

gmd3d June 11th, 2008 09:53 AM

Thanks bro .. trial and error .. more error though :)

evil_genius_180 June 11th, 2008 10:15 AM

I hear you on that one. I've had many meshes (OK, most of them) that way myself. But it's a great way to learn new tricks. :D

Darrell Lawrence June 11th, 2008 10:44 AM

That's looking sweet, T!

gmd3d June 11th, 2008 12:04 PM

I am now thinking about the details again and cockpit arrangements for both the twin and the quad seats.. I want to have the cockpit to open revealing the interior .. I hope to complete soon as I can .. My trip to Spain is approaching fast.

Starship June 11th, 2008 06:31 PM

Looking good!

Capt_lentil June 12th, 2008 06:31 AM

Nice. always a good design. Just think, at one point this was going to be the Viper in BSG (classic)

gmd3d June 12th, 2008 10:42 AM

I saw the on Colonial Fleets site (sister site to here) Some time ago .. I cannot Imagen them in reverse roles now .. Buck in a Viper or Apollo in a Starfighter .. can you :)

Lee June 12th, 2008 06:04 PM

nice work T.

evil_genius_180 June 12th, 2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 253416)
I saw the on Colonial Fleets site (sister site to here) Some time ago .. I cannot Imagen them in reverse roles now .. Buck in a Viper or Apollo in a Starfighter .. can you :)

That's because it's what you're used to. If the ships had been switched, you'd now be saying that you can't imagine Buck in a Starfighter and Apollo in a Viper. ;)

Darrell Lawrence June 12th, 2008 10:50 PM

What I can't imagine is if BR had an ep with Gary Coleman as a President and My Favorite Martian as a bad guy!

....wait... oh crap! That DID happen! :eek:

gmd3d June 12th, 2008 11:50 PM

point taken .. EG:)

yes that happened warrior .. I saw that episode last week:)

Darrell Lawrence June 12th, 2008 11:55 PM

I saw it two nights ago. I'll never... EVER... be the same again! :D

gmd3d June 13th, 2008 12:04 AM

quick get this warrior a whiskey ..

Lee June 13th, 2008 03:13 AM

sounds like the episode from hell...

evil_genius_180 June 13th, 2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 253472)
quick get this warrior a whiskey ..

Well, make up your mind. In another thread I was just in, you wanted to take the whiskey away from him. (presumably the same whiskey you gave him in this thread, since it was posted first.) :blink: