3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=337)
-   -   New Member Welcome Thread (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22542)

MCP935 March 28th, 2011 06:01 AM

Re: New Member Welcome Thread

Hi everybody,

I'm MCP935

gmd3d March 28th, 2011 07:09 AM

welcome aboard MCP935

catherine3678a March 31st, 2011 04:34 PM

Good heavens, I stop visiting the forum for just a short while and come back to posts of hehehe ... intelligent people barking likes dogs ... right.

Don't know what you're all taking, but you've had enough :rotfl:

BTW - the really big dogs don't need to bark twice, one little wuf ... if you're lucky - is all the warning the would-be intruder gets.

OT: Oh do let me share a wolf-dog story here now ... I read this. It happened.

A normal city neighbourhood ... houses ... one of which contained a wolf-dog. Apparently somebody didn't know about it. And that person thought he'd be smart and break-n-enter to rob the house. Neighbour across the road saw the man entering the house. Did she call the police? No. She sat down in her chair to watch the show. Shortly after entering the house, the man left via the window minus the seat of his pants. Wolf-dog chasing him. Did the neighbourhood know who the would-be thief was. Sure did. Wolf-dog never barked at anybody EXCEPT that man EVERYTIME he went anywhere near the house :-)

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Say is anybody here into the UFO t.v. series stuff?
That's the one where the ladies on the moon base have purple hair.

Cybit March 31st, 2011 06:45 PM

Hmmmm, guess I should post something here.

First, Hi Everyone. :)

My online name is Cybit aka Cybit3D. Been hanging around the art/modeling forums since around 2001. I work mostly in Lightwave 8.5, but do also work with Poser, Bryce, Vue and Daz Studio.

gilgamesh April 4th, 2011 01:54 PM

Ah... I finally found the "welcome" thread!

My "3d story" is pretty typical, I think: about 18 months ago, I went looking for a way to visualize characters for RPGs. I had hoped I could leverage whatever product to create pictures for a story I've been writing (on and off) for the past 20+ years. I stumbled upon DAZ Studio, and it sucked me in.

I am an avid writer, gamer (video and -- previously -- RPG), and wannabe artist. My interests lean towards fantasy and sci-fi. By day I'm an IT manager. i.e. Another geek.

Looks like a great community you have here!

gmd3d April 4th, 2011 02:45 PM

welcome aboard . we hope you enjoy our community

catherine3678a April 4th, 2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilgamesh (Post 265277)
Ah... I finally found the "welcome" thread!

My "3d story" is pretty typical, I think: about 18 months ago, I went looking for a way to visualize characters for RPGs. I had hoped I could leverage whatever product to create pictures for a story I've been writing (on and off) for the past 20+ years. I stumbled upon DAZ Studio, and it sucked me in.

I am an avid writer, gamer (video and -- previously -- RPG), and wannabe artist. My interests lean towards fantasy and sci-fi. By day I'm an IT manager. i.e. Another geek.

Looks like a great community you have here!

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your story pics too :-)

I did a little time analysis ... at the rate I'm learning all this, might have story ready about 4 years after the world ends :rotfl:

gilgamesh April 4th, 2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catherine3678a (Post 265282)
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your story pics too :-)

Unfortunately, those I'm keeping to myself. For now, at least... Maybe one day/year if/when I actually get published. :nervous:

Quote:

I did a little time analysis ... at the rate I'm learning all this, might have story ready about 4 years after the world ends :rotfl:
You may need to "redouble your efforts." The world might have already ended! :eek: ;)

gmd3d April 5th, 2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilgamesh (Post 265285)
Unfortunately, those I'm keeping to myself. For now, at least... Maybe one day/year if/when I actually get published. :nervous:

You may need to "redouble your efforts." The world might have already ended! :eek: ;)

I can understand your keeping your pic back until release .....

no worries about the end of the world we will still be here in 2013 ......

catherine3678a April 5th, 2011 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilgamesh (Post 265285)

Certainly some work can be held back awaiting a proper publishing event however finding "well attended" galleries and posting some of your work there can help you be seen and discovered and possibly commissioned for more work too. Then there's various contests for noobies thru to the experts where there are more opportunities to "be seen". Also great places for learning from others by how they've made their masterpieces.

Sadly for many, yes it has ... and the death toll is not finished. The ocean feeds a lot of life on this planet including people. Having died a few times death isn't something that worries me. It does kinda get to me as to why I keep bouncing back here though. However, the events for April are not yet finished.

As somebody once said.
"We are not bodies that have souls. We are souls that have bodies."

SGatton April 11th, 2011 03:17 PM

Hi, my name is Sean. I have visited this site off and on over the course of several years now, in its various conceptions. I use Studio Max 2011 currently, and have been modeling and/or rendering for a few years now. I don't do as much now as I use to because the Army keeps me too damned busy anymore.

gmd3d April 12th, 2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGatton (Post 265407)
Hi, my name is Sean. I have visited this site off and on over the course of several years now, in its various conceptions. I use Studio Max 2011 currently, and have been modeling and/or rendering for a few years now. I don't do as much now as I use to because the Army keeps me too damned busy anymore.

Hi Sean ,,,,, sounds of Irish background :) ..

welcome to 3DG.... we have a few members using Max ..... I am a Lightwave user myself

Good to have you :)

Scatha May 9th, 2011 03:56 AM

Hi all,

The name is Scatha and have recently started to get my feet wet in modelling, after having been an admin at artraiders.com for quite some time. My main app for the time being is Hexagon, as I currently am unable to afford anything else.

evil_genius_180 May 9th, 2011 07:55 AM

Welcome to the site. :)

Many of us understand not being able to afford anything else. I use freeware and open source software also as much as I can for the same reason. I've never tried Hexagon, though.

gmd3d May 9th, 2011 08:10 AM

Welcome ... whatever you use is cool ... hope to see some art or models from you sometime in the future ......

Scatha May 9th, 2011 04:49 PM

Thanks Taranis,

I can post a link to my deviantart gallery, but that would not all be sci-fi related though. Let me see of this works: ...

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...us-d3egc5w.jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...65-d3bkio2.jpg

My only model I have released so far is a collaboration, which you can see or get here:
http://www.ShareCG.com/v/42558/view/11/Poser/ScathaG11

pierinho June 3rd, 2011 12:06 AM

Hi, i'm Marco, live in Italy... i use lightwave and 3ds max... Thanks for all, and sorry for my bad english

gmd3d June 3rd, 2011 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scatha (Post 265580)
Thanks Taranis,

I can post a link to my deviantart gallery, but that would not all be sci-fi related though. Let me see of this works: ...

My only model I have released so far is a collaboration, which you can see or get here:

Cool .... if its cgi art related you can post it here .... and it does not have to be Sci Fi ..... open a new thread in "Beyond Reality" area if the work is completed

http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/f...play.php?f=490

or if its a W I P . work in progress. open a new thread there :)
On The Horizon :
http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/f...play.php?f=326
great work on the models and art..... you can load models here too if you want. top right side there is the download and Gallery area .

gmd3d June 3rd, 2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierinho (Post 265690)
Hi, i'm Marco, live in Italy... i use lightwave and 3ds max... Thanks for all, and sorry for my bad english

welcome . good to have you on board ...... donĀ“t worry about the English
:)

benvenuti

darth victor June 9th, 2011 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there. I'm Vic (obviously), I've been a member for about seven months, but I've been lurking for much of that time.

It's about time I introduce myself, so just briefly, I'm a Computer Science graduate who started out with an interest in computer graphics, and then I had an assignment modelling with Blender. I had fun doing that, and then built up a model of the ship from Blake's 7.

That was 5 years ago. Last year, I did a course on Maya and Z-Brush. Didn't have much luck with Z-Brush, but quite enjoyed Maya - except for its wonderful little bugs. My project for that was a recreation of a Ziggurat, a massive ancient Mesopotamian religious monument. I was working part-time for a small regional TV station at the time. I'm still working there, full time for the moment. It's not as glamorous as it sounds!

Anyway, this year, I discovered Sculptris. After a few weeks playing with that, particularly sculpting a nose, I decided to try sculpting a human head. The model I chose is an actor from a TV show, but I won't name him or the show. While it's not finished (I haven't sculpted any hair), I think I've attached a picture. I'm hoping that someone reading this can identify him, because if you can, I've done at least a fairly good job. The only thing I'll give away is that he has blue eyes.

Assuming my upload worked, anybody recognise him?