3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=337)
-   -   New Member Welcome Thread (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22542)

shrox July 28th, 2008 01:31 AM

Re: New Member Welcome Thread

Hello,

I am a professional artist and animator. I have been doing graphics for 30 years and 3D animation for 15 years. I started with 3D Studio in 1993, then dumped it when they changed it to Max, I took up Lightwave, and it has been my primary tool ever since. I fisrt got Lightwave on a DEC Alpha on loan from Amblin.

I have worked mainly in video games, lately much more television. Here is a commercial I am currently working on, I have a pass or two left to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-qb0GMpg2M

I'd post some images but I can't yet!

ulimann644 July 28th, 2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrox (Post 254422)
Hello,

I am a professional artist and animator. I have been doing graphics for 30 years and 3D animation for 15 years. I started with 3D Studio in 1993, then dumped it when they changed it to Max, I took up Lightwave, and it has been my primary tool ever since. I fisrt got Lightwave on a DEC Alpha on loan from Amblin.

I have worked mainly in video games, lately much more television. Here is a commercial I am currently working on, I have a pass or two left to do:

I'd post some images but I can't yet!

I´ve visited your site - some impressive artwork there. I´m curious to see some images from you at this site when you can upload it... :)

Rob_Van_Dam August 15th, 2008 11:46 AM

Hi Guy's,

i'm Robert and i live now in germany.
I'm 29 and i work with poser since 2003.
Earlier before i'm created medieval and fantasy scenes.

(Don't get the following to serious ;) )
But oneday my peasants dig out a huge ring. We find out it was a star/timegate. (ok, now back to serious)

Since this day i work on Sci-Fi renders, looking for new stuff to fullfill my fantasies.

Regards,
Rob

jackal2 August 19th, 2008 07:50 PM

Hi guys, new to the site here. i'm in the us and use poser a bit.

bbelt August 20th, 2008 06:02 AM

Man, Even after I long forgot that I was registered here, the forums didn't forget me. In fact it was so nice, it sent me a birthday greeting. How sweet.

I am a blender head with a little of poser experience.

gmd3d August 20th, 2008 08:06 AM

Welcome aboard Guys .. if your artist or just new to it .. post some work or wips .. or if you need suggestions or help ...... there is a mixed bunch here :)

one01 August 27th, 2008 03:35 PM

I'm new the site. And sort of new with animations.

Ghostening August 27th, 2008 04:08 PM

Hello, I am new here. Just trying to get all 5 forum posts truthfully, but it does make one more active in the system.

gmd3d August 28th, 2008 02:03 AM

welcome aboard .. Ghostening ..

deathwisp August 28th, 2008 07:55 PM

Well, I figured since this is the new members thread, that I would say

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I'm a fan of BSG and Dr. Who. Hope this is the right place for this. :)

Deathwisp

Dawg August 28th, 2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwisp (Post 255077)
Well, I figured since this is the new members thread, that I would say

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I'm a fan of BSG and Dr. Who. Hope this is the right place for this. :)

Deathwisp

I think it is.

Hi, Deathwisp! Yeah, I'm here, too (even though I'm not an artist). ;)

I am
Dawg

deathwisp August 28th, 2008 08:32 PM

I posted in another welcome thread after finding this, so I could try to cover myself. hehe

I like to think of myself as an artist. I do mostly fantasy work in DAZstudio, but I am going to be making more sci-fi themed art.

I'm inspired all over again, due to a recent addiction to the BSG new series and getting back in touch with DR Who. I haven't watched it til recently since I was a child.

Always been a fan of Aliens, though. ^_^

evil_genius_180 August 29th, 2008 09:26 AM

Yes, this is the prefect place for this. Though, if you haven't already found it, we have a sister site that is exclusively for BSG: http://www.colonialfleets.com/

You might want to check it out, if you haven't already. As far as Dr. Who, we've got a whole forum devoted to that subject here. :)

dfredlfr September 4th, 2008 08:36 AM

hello,
I am new here.

I am scifi fan and in use Vue 6 and Poser 7

:tongue2:

gmd3d September 4th, 2008 08:50 AM

Welcome aboard .. look forward to see your work

dfredlfr September 4th, 2008 09:18 AM

I'll post my next Scifi render here :)
I don't have much yet as main of my work is Fantasy and landscapes...

gmd3d September 4th, 2008 09:35 AM

Hey post them .. we like fantasy .. and landscapes I like to dabble in my self someday .. you might inspire me :)

dfredlfr September 4th, 2008 09:45 AM

ok, I'll do... but in need to resize them and add quotes to them before... in few days then :)

evil_genius_180 September 4th, 2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 255169)
Hey post them .. we like fantasy .. and landscapes I like to dabble in my self someday .. you might inspire me :)

Yeah, fantasy and landscapes are cool. I dabble occasionally in Terragen myself, though I did pick up Maximum PCs Summer '08 Digital Media How-to Guide earlier and the CD has many cool apps on it, including Bryce 5.5 (the free version of Bryce.) And Bryce is supposedly mostly landscape software, so I might have to install it when I get my new PC and give it a try. :D

Isarian September 11th, 2008 04:27 PM

Hello 3D Gladiators

I am new to this site i got refered here by a few on the DAZ forums.
I am new to 3d art just started with DAZ studio. I wanted to start art work after working on Dawn of War modding, coding all them nice models i thought looking at pictures sure beats looking at code. :laugh: