3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Translator Microbes (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   Artist / Mesh of the Month Returns! (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21279)

General Phoenix June 1st, 2005 02:34 PM

Artist / Mesh of the Month Returns!

Howdy, boys and girls (and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri)...

Now that the site is mostly complete and activity on the forums is starting to pick up again, we are going to bring back the Artist of the Month contest, as well as begin the Mesh of the Month contest. Here are the rules:

ARTIST OF THE MONTH

Any image from the artwork forums or the Gallery is eligible for submission, as long as it was posted during the month in question. Multiple images from a single member may be submitted.

At the beginning of each month, I will post a thread in the Contests / Artist of the Month forum requesting submissions from our members. I will accept entries for 7 days after the end of the month, then start the voting. You may submit your own work, or that of another artist if you wish. You may also submit more than one piece for each artist, but remember that if you have more than one image up for voting, your votes may be split between them. (If an artist wishes, I will remove an image from consideration - just reply in the submission thread or send me a PM.)

I will also go through the Gallery and artwork forums to gather any other submissions I think should be included before I close the thread to entries. Entries can include ANY subject matter, but remember the cardinal rule of CG artwork - CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

This means that we need credits ON THE IMAGE for any elements that do not belong to the original author.

MESH OF THE MONTH

Artists wishing to enter the Mesh of the Month submission must post a thread in the Contests / Mesh of the Month forum for each mesh they wish to enter. Meshes DO NOT have to have been made in the month in question, but a mesh can only be submitted for the contest one time.

You will need to include the following in your submission thread:

A standard six-view image or set of images with the following rendered views of the mesh: FRONT, BACK, SIDE, TOP, BOTTOM, and PERSPECTIVE.

The program the mesh is made for - Lightwave, Truespace, 3DSMAX, etc.

Terms of Release - What, if any, restrictions you are placing on the mesh's use.
NOTE - Any mesh submitted for the contest MUST be available for download. If you do not have webspace available to host it, you may submit it to the FileCenter.

If a conversion, please name the original author. (No conversions may be entered without permission from the original author.)

Darrell Lawrence June 2nd, 2005 05:10 PM

Cool :)

Crusader June 8th, 2005 03:51 AM

very kewl :)

evil_genius_180 May 1st, 2008 08:00 PM

Like the other thread pertaining to this, this thread is almost 3 years old and clearly this Artist/Mesh of the Month thing isn't happening and hasn't happened for a long time.