3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Conversion Requests (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=519)
-   -   Looking for some conversion (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23573)

admiral horton December 8th, 2011 11:35 AM

Looking for some conversion

I would like to see as many star trek and Babylon 5 meshes to be converted
to OBJ for DAZ Studio or COB file to Truespace as you guys can do.

Thanks

shaggy December 9th, 2011 12:16 AM

Re: Looking for smoe conversion

Check out Foundation 3d Resources section...

Loads of Poser conversions of Star Trek ships by mattymax...

:bounce:

gmd3d December 9th, 2011 03:14 AM

Re: Looking for smoe conversion

That is the only site I know that possibly has what you need..... at the moment I have no time to help with conversions and there is the authors read me file may not allow said conversions.

is there anything in particular you looking for. ?

admiral horton December 10th, 2011 12:53 PM

Re: Looking for some conversion

O i am a member of Foundation 3D
I was hoping that some of the meshes here could be converted primary to Truespace

evil_genius_180 December 10th, 2011 02:43 PM

If it's a Lightwave mesh, you can use Blender to import and convert it to .obj. Then you can either just open it like a normal mesh or import it into trueSpace using the Luuv plugin. Though, it will import into tS all in one untextured chunk and you'll have to decompose it and then go mad trying to figure out what all fits together and where the textures go (but it's doable.) If it's Max, you're screwed. You'll need something like Deep Exploration, which costs a lot of money.

gmd3d December 11th, 2011 12:18 AM

Can you be more specific, what models here would you like to see converted so we can check there readme files to see if conversions are even permitted, I can see if its possible then

admiral horton December 11th, 2011 12:06 PM

Excelsior B
USS Surya
Valley Forge Class
Dawnstar Class
ISA Excalibur

gmd3d December 12th, 2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admiral horton (Post 266722)
Excelsior B
USS Surya
Valley Forge Class
Dawnstar Class
ISA Excalibur

Excelsior B: looks OK to convert
USS Surya: looks OK to convert
Valley Forge Class: looks OK to convert
Dawnstar Class: OK to convert
ISA Excalibur: looks OK to convert

So I will ask a friend if he can convert them, it make take time as he is working on other projects.

also if he is able to convert them.. they are not to be host on other sites they are for your private collection.

They could be hosted here as some are Warriors and other members.

I will let you know as soon as I can.

admiral horton December 12th, 2011 01:29 PM

Is there some plugin for converting lightwave meshes to blender to an obj file?
the blender 2.6 there u can convert 3Ds. files and things like that but no lwo. file
and when i tried to convert a blender file there was no textures how can i convert the mesh and textures together

gmd3d December 12th, 2011 02:00 PM

Most exports I have seen you still need to reattach the textures yourself ..... some times UV maps are ok but not always as EG180 mentioned

Lightwave can export to obj directly

admiral horton December 12th, 2011 02:05 PM

i am a beginner at this when i go to the import menu there is a list of what files that can be imported and lwo file isnt there and the texture thing is be on me

gmd3d December 12th, 2011 02:08 PM

I donĀ“t used Truespace or blender, EG180 could tell you far better about the process. I only use Lightwave.

I have not spoken yet about the conversions to my friend that could take a few days

admiral horton December 12th, 2011 02:14 PM

k i find blender confusing

gmd3d December 12th, 2011 02:19 PM

So did I when I tried it.... but will will try to help when we can.....
many of us are working on other projects and conversions take time,,,, you will have to spend time tweaking the models.... that takes the most time.

But its a good way to learn about the software .... that is what I found .... in fact working on EG180s meshes