3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Translator Microbes (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   Star Trek- TNG to BlueRay (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23545)

Darrell Lawrence September 28th, 2011 02:42 PM

Star Trek- TNG to BlueRay

evil_genius_180 September 28th, 2011 08:55 PM

Re: Star Trek- TNG to BlueRay

Hopefully, they'll release season packs and not just random episodes. I mean, those three are great, but I want them all. This is about the only thing in existence so far that has actually had me seriously considering getting a Blu-Ray player. (even though I have TNG on DVD) I grew up with TNG, it's my favorite of the series, and I'd actually buy these. (some might think it's stupid to have a player just for that, but those people clearly are not Trekkies ;))

darth victor September 30th, 2011 01:11 AM

I'd certainly buy them all on BluRay, and I also have them on DVD.

I can see a potential downside in the paper stickers masquerading as lifeboats on the Enterprise-C.

Tenement September 30th, 2011 03:00 AM

I like TNG a lot but for me it only became unmissable at the start of series 3.

evil_genius_180 September 30th, 2011 09:49 AM

Yeah, they really hit their stride in season 3. Though, that's not to say that seasons 1 & 2 didn't have some good episodes. And, of course, the later seasons had some bad episodes. ("Tapestry" from season 6 springs to mind as one of the bad ones) However, I like having the whole series. I watch the good, the bad and the just OK. There are only two episodes of Star Trek that I absolutely won't watch, "Turnabout Intruder" (TOS) and "These are the Voyages." (Ent) They're both series ending episodes and are the worst series endings I've ever seen. (even worse than the newer BSG series ending)

lordiffy October 5th, 2011 04:41 PM

Actually, I'm quite looking forward to seeing what they do with the update. Granted, looking at the DVDs on a HD screen, it does look very dated, more so than the OT.
But, as they're working from the film stock for all the scenes, and completely redoing the FX in CG, it should breath new life into the show.

darth victor October 5th, 2011 11:08 PM

I thought they were recompositing the effects, and only replacing certain ones that were too low resolution to start with?

gmd3d October 6th, 2011 12:03 AM

I would like to see the new effects

evil_genius_180 October 6th, 2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darth victor (Post 266325)
I thought they were recompositing the effects, and only replacing certain ones that were too low resolution to start with?

That's what I've read also. Though, I didn't know that they were replacing anything. (I hope they're not)

admiral horton October 9th, 2011 11:06 AM

i would lke to see a digital rematered TNG lik they've done for the TOS series

darth victor October 10th, 2011 05:11 AM

While much of the physical model work is pretty good, I wonder if they'll take the opportunity to fix up any errors they've made. I'm sure I noticed some, but I can't remember where.

I notice that they've fixed up all the disappearing lights in the title sequence.