3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   Reference Requests and Submissions (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=328)
-   -   Building the Classic USS ENTERPRISE in Lightwave (now released) (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23536)

evil_genius_180 April 9th, 2012 08:55 AM

Re: Building the Classic USS ENTERPRISE in Lightwave (now released)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 267184)
No problem.

I´m not changing the tutorial approch, only its appearance and some errors in text I found... and instead of 30 files to download ... it will be 10.

Hope to have it back up in the next few days

10 files? Where's the fun in that? And, BTW, it's 31, not 30. :naughty:

So, no big changes to the tutorial, just some nitpicky changes? In that case, I likely won't bother re-downloading it. I just wish I had a 2nd screen on which to display it.

Also, exactly how noob-friendly is your tutorial? I've literally only opened Lighwave a few times and tried loading a couple things. Should I be able to tackle the tutorial or should I try some "getting to know Ligthwave" tutorials first?

gmd3d April 9th, 2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 267188)
10 files? Where's the fun in that? And, BTW, it's 31, not 30. :naughty:

So, no big changes to the tutorial, just some nitpicky changes? In that case, I likely won't bother re-downloading it. I just wish I had a 2nd screen on which to display it.

Also, exactly how noob-friendly is your tutorial? I've literally only opened Lighwave a few times and tried loading a couple things. Should I be able to tackle the tutorial or should I try some "getting to know Ligthwave" tutorials first?

Lol yes 31 ... the memory is going.

What I am fixing is where I feel I am failing to explain properly in some places ..... no additional work is been done on it by me Modeling wise.

I have aimed it at new modelers ..... in its way a getting to know Lightwave at the same time as building the Enterprise...

Auditor is the only one that has give some feedback so far...
some of my revisions are because of them......

But this is the last time I will be working on it..... :D

evil_genius_180 April 9th, 2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 267189)
I have aimed it at new modelers ..... in its way a getting to know Lightwave at the same time as building the Enterprise...

Cool, thanks. I'll probably just start with this, then. To be honest, I find a lot of those "Getting to know your software" tutorials boring. If I can get to know the program and build the Enterprise at the same time, I'm game. :D

I hope to have some time to get to it this week. It's hard to say, though. I think I'm going to be pretty busy this week, so it may be next week. However, I'm really excited about learning Lightwave and building the Enterprise at the same time. :bounce:

gmd3d April 9th, 2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 267190)
Cool, thanks. I'll probably just start with this, then. To be honest, I find a lot of those "Getting to know your software" tutorials boring. If I can get to know the program and build the Enterprise at the same time, I'm game. :D

I hope to have some time to get to it this week. It's hard to say, though. I think I'm going to be pretty busy this week, so it may be next week. However, I'm really excited about learning Lightwave and building the Enterprise at the same time. :bounce:

:) I am trying also to make the tut more visually interesting with some color .....

But your feedback on how you find the Tut will help a lot..... if not on the open forum it can be by PM .... for any other tutorial that I attempt....

evil_genius_180 April 9th, 2012 09:26 AM

Speaking of tutorials. While I've got you here, let me pick your brain. ;) Is Foundation 3D the best place for Lightwave tutorials? (preferably, free ones) Or is there some hidden vault of Lightwave tutorials of which I should be aware?

gmd3d April 9th, 2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 (Post 267193)
Speaking of tutorials. While I've got you here, let me pick your brain. ;) Is Foundation 3D the best place for Lightwave tutorials? (preferably, free ones) Or is there some hidden vault of Lightwave tutorials of which I should be aware?

Foundation3d has the most Lightwave users and have tutorials posted from time to time..

There is no hidden vault, :)

This site has the most Tutorials I know of

evil_genius_180 April 9th, 2012 10:07 AM

Thanks bro. :D

gmd3d April 9th, 2012 01:51 PM

No problem.....

If I can help just let me know.

gmd3d April 10th, 2012 03:33 AM

I will also say I am adding some visual hints to some images to better explain a move or the direction of a move.

evil_genius_180 April 10th, 2012 10:34 AM

Damn, now I'm probably going to have to download the new tutorial once you get it done. ;)

gmd3d April 10th, 2012 11:22 AM

I am almost finished

evil_genius_180 April 10th, 2012 07:41 PM

Cool. I hope to have time (and motivation) to get to starting this next week. :)

gmd3d April 16th, 2012 01:49 PM

Ok I will have the Tutorial reloaded tomorrow all going well.

I have fixed all I thought needed fixing and created some new covers for each chapter..... I hope they will be liked

I got a lot of help from VK08 and Al3d in the look of the covers.... I changed them to look as I felt I wanted them to appear.. so if they are
rubbish . its my fault..... :)

I had also rededicated the Tutorial to my Father who passed away on the
26th of March.

gmd3d April 19th, 2012 01:03 AM

The Tutorial has now been uploaded to 3DG Download "Other" Section.

I have not tested them all, but if anyone has problems let me know.

If you find error in the tutorial...... they can stay there as I am finished with it.,,, I need to move on..

evil_genius_180 April 19th, 2012 10:01 AM

I swear I'm actually going to start on this thing, one of these days. Hopefully, soon. I've downloaded the new tutorials and the only thing stopping me is motivation. ;) Like I said on your blog, the covers look fantastic. :D

excalibers_echo September 9th, 2012 07:13 AM

It seems everyone cust there teeth on this design at some point or other, I wonder if I ever will..

gmd3d September 9th, 2012 07:43 AM

I wondered about it for 7 years before I got to it......

Spent that time looking at EG180s models thinking "I really should make this".

My thinking why most of us like to model this apart from it been a Icon and a damn good design.. is that it broke the mold of what was a space craft.

Leaving the flying saucer and the finned rockets behind.

Ok the Enterprise uses the basic shape, but with a sense of grace and power that in my mind has never really been recaptured (I include the Refit for TMP in this)

that's only my opinion

Darrell Lawrence September 9th, 2012 12:08 PM

For more LW tutorials, simply look @ the menu atop 3DG ;)

evil_genius_180 September 9th, 2012 12:32 PM

Mostly for old versions. I doubt most of them would translate well into LW10 or 11. I can tell you just from the part of Ger's tutorial that I've done in LW10 that there are enough differences between 9 and 10 that parts of it don't work as expected in LW10.

Darrell Lawrence September 9th, 2012 12:42 PM

LW 10? Yeesh. Forgot that came out.