3D Gladiators Forums

3D Gladiators Forums (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=337)
-   -   New Member Welcome Thread (https://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22542)

psycoderek November 11th, 2008 01:37 PM

Re: New Member Welcome Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelle_Enaid (Post 257025)
Chelle Enaid here. I've never tried 3D artwork before, although I've done some 2D cartooning, so I'm a complete novice. I'm here to get some advice and see what others are capable of while I play around with my own stuff. I am currently using Daz because it's free (best reason ever) and seems pretty "new person" friendly. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.

Hi chelle, if you want to get in to 3D art then you can't go wrong with bryce 5.5 from daz. I think you can still find it there if not check for it on cnet. I'll see if i can find it. bryce is great for working with 3d models and has some great terrains and skys to work with. there is also a useful materials lab and light lab to use for texturing untextured models and an excellent skylab. have a look in the freepozitory section at the daz forum you will find some helpful free stuff links and you may find the 5.5 link there also. Oh bryce 5 is free also. I still have the installer somewhere I upgraded to bryce 6 but the version 5 is definitely still around as the upgrade is still quite new. If you want help i can certainly help there as a regular bryce user.

gmd3d November 11th, 2008 02:04 PM

I am downloading it now here is a link and a forum . I have not tried it yet
http://www.download.com/Bryce/3000-6677_4-10696716.html
http://www.bryce5.com/

RedEyes November 12th, 2008 02:36 AM

Hello,
My name is Bill, I'm sort of new, when I got here it said I hadn't logged in since 2005. I'm primarily a Lightwave and Vue user with some Poser on the side and PSP for texturing. Strictly a hobbyist, wish I had more time to spend on it. I received an email to vote on the cargo contest and liked what I saw when I got here.

I'm 51, live in Michigan, USA and work as a program manager to support my hobbies, which other than 3d include managing a couple web sites for friends, gaming on the 360 and astronomy when I can't sleep.

Hopefully you'll let me stay and I look forward to meeting you!

gmd3d November 12th, 2008 03:12 AM

welcome back. Good to have another lightwave user here .. we hope you will stay and show use some work. Model or art .. is welcome ..

Freeman43 November 15th, 2008 11:08 AM

Hay i am new and i like to know how to use 3d modeling like i see here. but i can't find a good free program so i might need some help...

gmd3d November 15th, 2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman43 (Post 258050)
Hay i am new and i like to know how to use 3d modeling like i see here. but i can't find a good free program so i might need some help...

Well have you check out here . this has the list of free programs that are out there..... but it a user preference really if the program is the right one for you.

try the link below

http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=22681

psycoderek November 15th, 2008 11:24 AM

Welcome to the gladiators. For a 3D model programme that is free and supported by a foundation you could try Blender. I recomend it as a user.

I have posted a helpful tutorial for creating textures in blender in the Helpzone. I recomment version 2.47 and not 2.48 because it has a bug with externally created textures that still needs to be resolved. Also you may be interested in Bryce as a 3d image creation tool. Links are available here in the links area posted by Teranis.

welcome and enjoy your stay. You are among friends

Valdar November 16th, 2008 07:41 PM

Hi, the Name is Valdar and I am a new member.

Jeez had a bad case of de-ja-vu there - and they served coffee to..hmmm

Fretslayer November 16th, 2008 07:44 PM

It's a glitch in the matrix...What did you see?

Were there naked women throwing little pickles at you while you stood on top of an Aztek temple?

gmd3d November 17th, 2008 01:41 AM

Welcome aboard Valdar

gmd3d November 17th, 2008 03:09 AM

Valdar have you looked at the Cargo Voting contest we are having .. have a look and pick the one you like for design

http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=22820

Ryuu November 19th, 2008 02:04 AM

Hi,

My name's Terrell

I've got plans for several projects centered about a sci-fi series that I've been writing. In developing the stories, I had gotten interested in visualizing the scenes, both in still and animated. This led me to start dabbling with Poser, Bryce, Carrara, and DAZ Studio.

Some of my stories are also related to Star Trek, and when I came across the stuff at Xcalpro and Ptrope's Re-Animated project, it eventually led me here.

I hope I can pick up some good tips and advice along the way.

gmd3d November 19th, 2008 06:16 AM

Welcome aboard Ryuu .. well try to help if we can .. if we cannot we'll find some

Neok November 19th, 2008 08:44 AM

Hey all

My name is Martyn my tag is neok,

im still quite new to 3d modeling doing it in uni

im useing 3dsm or 3d studio max

and im sure i will be bugging you all at some point for info on how to do thing or to have a look at some of my work :D

ciao for now

gmd3d November 19th, 2008 08:54 AM

Welcome aboard Neok ,,

I do hope to see your work ,, and that you will get involved with our community

check out our FAQ they can help, if not post in the help zone .
Have a read in this .. it would help us out
Quote:

If you're here for the first time and you're looking through the forums to comment on some work or to get your 5 posts necessary to download, please look at the date on the first post in the thread and try and find the last updated post by the original author. If the original author hasn't updated the thread in the last 6 months, please don't ask for an update or even comment on the thread. It's probably dead, but the forum doesn't automatically kill old threads, so it's still there. So, please don't post because you'll just bump it and encourage others to post in it. Thank you.
~ The Staff

Fretslayer November 19th, 2008 09:12 AM

Hello Neok,

I think you'll find a buch of cool and helpful people around here.
Welcome aboard and I hope to see your work at some point.

PeterRama November 19th, 2008 08:56 PM

Hi all,

PeterRama here... Uh... Let's see...

Been playing around with Bryce for a few years now and looking to start creating my own models and this looks like a good place to learn from.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

psycoderek November 20th, 2008 03:03 AM

Hi Peter, welcome to the house of fun. My suggestion for model building would be Blender. it is a free aplication and is nearly as good as maya and 3dmax and texturing is definitely possible using photoshop or similar. i use it and have fun with it. Bryce modelling is a little limited. Check the links section here for a link to the blender foundation. I recoment version 2.47 as 2.48 has a tendancy to crash when using bmp files.

gmd3d November 20th, 2008 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterRama (Post 258351)
Hi all,

PeterRama here... Uh... Let's see...

Been playing around with Bryce for a few years now and looking to start creating my own models and this looks like a good place to learn from.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome aboard PeterRama . good to have a new Bryce user aboard :)

check out our FAQ they can help, if not post in the help zone .
Have a read in this .. it would help us out

Quote:

If you're here for the first time and you're looking through the forums to comment on some work or to get your 5 posts necessary to download, please look at the date on the first post in the thread and try and find the last updated post by the original author. If the original author hasn't updated the thread in the last 6 months, please don't ask for an update or even comment on the thread. It's probably dead, but the forum doesn't automatically kill old threads, so it's still there. So, please don't post because you'll just bump it and encourage others to post in it. Thank you.
~ The Staff

PeterRama November 20th, 2008 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycoderek (Post 258363)
Hi Peter, welcome to the house of fun. My suggestion for model building would be Blender. it is a free aplication and is nearly as good as maya and 3dmax and texturing is definitely possible using photoshop or similar. i use it and have fun with it. Bryce modelling is a little limited. Check the links section here for a link to the blender foundation. I recoment version 2.47 as 2.48 has a tendancy to crash when using bmp files.

Thanks! I'll check it out!