Thread: "Twice Shy"
View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2003, 03:27 PM   #28
Mike

Ok, this argument is going in a circle. My policy as the administrator of the forum is to allow every vote to count regardless of the popular trend. Unless things are strangely out of wack, such as 10 "1" votes and not a single negative comment then I'd confront the issue by axing the erroneous votes. I don't see anything particularly unusual about one or two off-votes. As long as the votes are visible, people can make their own judgement on the pattern. This isn't an exact science. I see no need to change our policey, I just shrug my shoulders at that mysterious silent voter. Everyone is entitled to their vote.

But you have to understand that an off-vote is suspicious when nobody has ever claimed one of those votes. We just assume they are hiding, a curious thing to do on a discussion forum. This is their opportunity to add something different to the discussion. I REALLY want to debate Farscape, I don't want a love-fest all the time. When I was running the Subspace Relay, I debated EVERYTHING until I was blue in the face .

In conclusion, all votes will stand, as they've alwasy been. We just ask that every vote is honest.