View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2003, 01:03 AM   #1
Vektor

Default Updated Trek Doomsday Machine

Those of you who have been following my TOS Enterprise thread and are familiar with my intentions for it have probably known this was coming for a while now. Behold! Matt Decker's Devil, straight out of Hell:

This is, of course, a work-in-progress, and pretty highly speculative at that. It's based on a sketch I did almost a year ago, which I was going to post along with these renderings but my scanner is on the fritz. The overall effect is something between a grasping claw and a skeletal finger bone.

Here's a close-up of the "knuckle":

Exactly what this is, I cannot say at the moment, but it serves to break up the overall conical shape a bit and enhances the sense that this thing is at least partly mechanical. The detailing is still pretty basic at this stage.

Head-on view:

Obviously, I have yet to add "flaming pit" effect. I also plan to put some interesting machinery in there that should provide a rather novel method of emitting the infamous anti-proton force beam.

I was actually going to hold off revealing this baby until I had an animation ready to go with it, but... well, I just couldn't hold back any longer.