View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2006, 08:26 PM   #10
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly "Warrior"
The Last Starfighter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullsplitter
Just a pity the show's writers couldn't make up their mind wether they were pilots or grunts.
The Military would not use pilots for duties more suited to the infantry & special forces.
They may have an elite squadroin - but they were not infantry and so would not have been assigned ground recon duties, or rescue missions.
It's the future, where it seems the military branches expanded their duties.

Just as the U.S. Army had its "air force" years ago (before it branched off into its own military branch), it appears in this show that the Marines have their own "air force". They'd still be trained in ground operations as well as their piloting skills.

Heck... even the U.S. Navy of today has its "air force", as well as the Marines still technically falling under them.

At anyrate, I *finally* got my DVD's today. Been a LONG time since I watched this show.

I'll post a review of the DVDs later in another thread, then kick off the ep reviews.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"The art of scape goating interests me." - Dauntless
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote