View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:27 PM   #42
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Boy, I started a crap tornado over here, didn't I? :evil:

Cryptie, I can see you didn't like the last 2 films, but those not doing well can be blamed on Rick Berman, who is now fired from Star Trek. The new guy, J.J. Abrams has a hit TV show (Lost) and also did MI3. His vision is the revitalization of Trek, not going in the same direction as Berman. So, whatever he does will be nothing like the last 2 films at all.

I, for one, feel we should start over on page 0. Jim Kirk, Spock, McCoy and the gang on the Enterprise 1701 (no freakin' letters) with a brand new take on the classic, like morganzacd5p suggested. They should revamp the ship, uniforms, tricorders, everything to be more inline with the 21st century. I love the classic and would love to see a fresh take on it. That way, it can be sort of one of those "hey, we screwed up and we're bit enough to admit it, so we're cutting our losses and starting over" things. Then, if the movie does well, they should do a TV series with that cast based on that movie, as if the movie was the pilot.

Though I do think this new movie is ill-timed. They really shouldn't push a new movie our way until at least 5-10 years after the finish of Enterprise, so we have time to miss Star Trek.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote