View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:29 PM   #65
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLuTm8
Hi everybody

I dislike this time based concept, cloned from starwars: 1st the newest, then the past and so on...
Or it could be based off a concept Gene Roddenberry first mentioned at a 1975 Star Trek convention. He said he wanted to make a Star Trek movie that would flash back to when Kirk and the gang first met at Starfleet Academy. The idea was revisited for ST6. It was supposed to allow the producers to save money by not having to pay William Shatner and the gang for more than a few scenes before and after the flashback but the idea was abandoned and "The Undiscovered Country" script was written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider
I was thinking about the prequel concept. There is an old Trek novel, The first Adventure, written by Vonda McIntyre. It tells the story of how the crew of the 1701 came together. Maybe J. J. Adams can borrow some ideas from that novel...
That's an awesome novel. I have a copy of that one also. It also explains why some Klingons have brow ridges and some don't. It's a caste system, not the genetic engineering excuse they came up on Enterprise. (though I like that one also.) The Klingons that had brow ridges were a servant race to the Klingons without ridges. It would've been interesting to see that line of thought continued to the point where someone writes a revolt scenario where the Klingons with brow ridges kill their masters and take over.

The latest "leak" of the script is that it will be a movie with Kirk and the gang and it will be pre-TOS. Maybe at the academy, maybe later when Kirk first assumes command of the Enterprise. They're also rumored to be considering using the original Constitution-class, not some kind of hybrid, but that's just a rumor. As is usually the case, the movie and script are a closely guarded secret.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote