View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:48 AM   #16
Moebius

Default Re: Modular Command Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgMan View Post
Looks pretty solid! I don't care a lot for that amphitheatre style seating though, it looks a bit big for sucha small projection.

A second nitpick is the height of the whole thing: that's a lot of unused space, perhaps you can put a second floor on it?

Your detailing is quite impresive however

Thanks very much for your feedback and critical input. The size of the amphitheater seating is scaled based on a capacity of approximately 80 pax and at that given distance visual acuity is still decent. I might consider making the projection slightly bigger though.

I have no problem wasting ceiling height here... as there is a lot to be said about placing cameras in a cavernous space with lots of opportunities for shadows. It's virtual real estate anyway... and I'm not aware of any building codes that restrict double-height space in the 3D world. While the initial cost and effectivity of running the HVAC system in this volume of space might be high, the heat load generated from all the equipment might better dissipate in that cavity above.

I'm not going to put a second floor, but I am toying with the thought of putting some catwalks around the space.

Cheers! — Möe

Last edited by Moebius; June 4th, 2008 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: Typographical and grammatical errors