View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #34
Fretslayer

Default Re: Thunder fighter (Buck Rogers 25th)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
Yeah, if it's not a Trek ship (especially the Enterprise from either TOS or the movies) I'm not anywhere near versed enough to say "I don't think that curve is quite like the original."
Both of those are my favorite Enterprise versions.
Nothing against the TNG era ships but there is something about the TOS era ship (tv and movie) that really works for me and I know what it is.

I really like the idea of a ship like the TOS (and TOS movie) appearing to be so big that it can hold as many people as is does and yet at the same time it's a tiny, little speck of an island in a vast sea of cosmic emptiness.

The idea of being on something so small and vulnerable in a place so dangerous (space) really turns me on creatively. I think that is something that was missing in the TNG era ships. Seeing an aircraft carrier in the middle of an ocean doesn't cause the same feeling in me that I get when see a small commercial fishing boat in the middle of an ocean.

Just my .2 cents.

Oh, and I can't wait to see this mesh when it's done. I hope it magically shows up in the download section. -hint-hint-