View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #16
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Hidden Frontier's Final Episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlingonGeneral View Post
Now I did not say I didn't like ENT, I was pointing out how anti-TOS is was. With the exception of the last several episodes in the last season I thought they were well written and I enjoyed the characters and story lines...but they were pro-TNG and not TOS...which is where it all began.
Yeah, I think that's probably why I like Enterprise so much. Though I love TOS, I've always liked TNG a little bit better. I think it's because it was on when I was growing up and I got exposed to it earlier. And I do like the way there were several things that had TNG tie-ins in Enterprise (except the series finale, that just sucked) like the one with the Borg, where it would take about 2 centuries (to just before TNG) for the Borg signal to reach the Delta Quadrant. I love tie-ins like that. Though, with Manny Cotto in charge for the last season, there were a lot more plots with TOS tie-ins. The problem with the earlier seasons is that they were headed by Rick Berman, Roddenberry's hand-picked successor who cut his teeth doing TNG, so he kinda stuck to what he knew.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote