View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2008, 08:10 PM   #26
KenWood

Default Re: Star Trek 11 - New Enterprise sneek peek

Did anyone notice in the trailer that the underside of the saucer section had the same sensor structure as the TMP Enterprise?? When I saw that, I was like - "Oh, NNNNooooo!!!!" Being a diehard fan - and having to let TNG grow on me after the first six or so first season re-write of TOS episodes, TNG became a much loved show. I just hope J.J. and crew don't screw this up any more, as to change ANYthing on the Original Enterprise's look from Series to this movie, would be a very grave mistake. But, I will hold out that as an "escapism" type of movie, it will be fairly okay.
I mean - when I read the TMP novel back in 1979 before getting to see the movie, I thought - what a great movie this will be. But of course, the original release movie was a drag to me - as it spent way too much time on the special effects rather than on the story. Only in the final director's cut version some 30 years later, has TMP finally become the movie it needed to be.
So maybe J.J. and Co. still has a glimmer of hope. They should screen what they have now - and maybe delay the opening longer to make some necessary changes.