View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:34 AM   #128
gmd3d
Admin

Default Re: Starship Exeter: Exeter Rising" Fan Story mini-series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretslayer View Post
I do vvish you luck getting a few people to help you with your project (I'm not being sarcasic either) I'm sure there is somebody out there who would enjoy doing retro-CG effects. I know I'm not that guy - I love Star Trek but I hate the effects and think that the people who did the remaster should be taken and and flogged in public, asked which weighs more 'a witch or a duck' and then tossed into a cave with the Killer Rabbit.
I have never seen the reworked Trek episodes on Tv .. .. sounds bad as I have mentioned on another thread..

the biggest problem is that in fan films you have to be sure that people can continue to give the time to the project .. if it goes on to long .. people move on .. their attention moves onto other projects.. or Real life issues.

I have been involved in a fanfilm for BSG TOS since 2005 .. and the was with actors .. animation is no less difficult. esp characters.. its very quiet now

Space shots are the easier scenes to work on.. effect are another .Phasers
photon torpedoes . to get effect right will take time . and training.. time again added to your creation.

be prepared for this Robert.. Dennis would tell you this and he good at what he does..

Handy Links
To find the program or knowledge to help your project use the links below!

Tutorial Section

Free 3D Programs

Free 2D Programs

Paid: Professional Programs
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote