View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #4
evil_genius_180
3DG Forum Moderator

Default Re: Star Trek Animation

OK, new planet and a bonus "point of reference" planet because wjaspers thought there should be something visible in the background (besides the stars) before the ship turned and I didn't want to change the lighting by moving the sun over there. I also changed the camera setup completely.

And the fun with attempting to animate in trueSpace continues. I came up with the idea earlier to render the background first and then add that as a background for the ship animation. So, I redid the planet and added the red planet and animated my background. Well, it seems that tS 4 can't sync background animation and your rendered animation worth a damn. The background animation lags behind, even though it's the same number of frames and should work. So, I had to move back over to tS 7, re-rig my lights with the ones I like better anyway and render the scene.

On the plus side, rendering the background animation and using that as a background worked beautifully in tS 7 and was such a huge time saver that I went up to max AA for the final render (the previous version with the modeled planet was one notch below that.)

Anywho, this is the final pass at this sequence. I want to get on to the others.
Attached Files
File Type: rar PlanetApproach_01.rar (1.46 MB, 3 views)
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote