View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:58 AM   #16
mdbruffy
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: "Starship Saladin" Upcoming Fan Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanArmitage View Post
Poser 5 is a good app in it's own right. It very badly needs the updates in order to be more stable and have some of the bugs ironed out. The updates are still available on the Smith Micro site IIRC.

Poser 6 was also released free with one of the 3D magazines on their cover CD IIRC. I don't know if you guys have anything like this over there but in South Africa we have 'R10-a-kilo' book shops that sell old copies of books and magazines by weight. These aren't second-hand but new stuff that was surplus and returned to the suppliers or distributors. I've picked up a lot of really good stuff in these shops.

TBH, Poser is really coming into it's own nowadays with 7 Pro. It has some fantastic features that were sorely missing in the earlier versions IMHO. Things like IBL, AO, Gamma correction, render queueing, 64-bit renderer, native integration with major modelling apps, etc. Some of these features have been in Poser for a while but are starting to mature now with 7 Pro.

The updates for all supported versions of Poser except the current 7 Pro version are available for free at the Smith Micro site. The 7 Pro updates require a valid 7 Pro license number before they can be downloaded.

UA
Been using POser 7 for several months now and I can say that it's definately improved- I came into it with Poser 5- and while there's still the occational glitch, it is far more stable than the earlier verisons.
mdbruffy is offline   Reply With Quote