View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #152
TrentRaven

Default Two words, Jedi, and Lightsabers

When it all comes down to it, forget the firepower, the lightsaber absorbs it. Forget the shields, the lightsaber can penetrate it. Throw in the intuition, foresight, and telekenetic power of the Jedi, and Star Trek can't compete. I really was bored with the early Star Trek series and movies. While they were (and still are) highly regarded for their cinematic efforts, Star Trek movies cannot hold a flame to the rise of the Lucas empire. Star Wars has a ride at Disney, it packs any theater, in almost any town, with any movie it releases. Games fly off of shelves faster than LucasArts can supply them, and don't get me started about the merchandising. I can't go two days without seeing some kind of Star Wars reference somewhere in my everyday life.

Face it, whether or not you want to admit it, Star Wars dominates Star Trek in every contest you could devise in the real and physical world...(Not the "Who would win, Tie Fighter or a Transport Ship" questions.)

Oh, one last jab, I never hear collegiate bands playing the Star Trek theme at football games.